1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Halo 2 delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. BioSniper

BioSniper New Member

If the install system works as suggested that IS interesting and no doubt its possible that we will see more games with this style of installer in the future.
    Shame its delayed AGAIN but it's not that I'm worried, I already have it on Xbox anyway :p

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

360 + Halo 2 > PC + Halo 2.

I doubt my X800 could pump out 1920x1080

But I know my 360 can pump out 1366x768 and the 2405s scaler is pretty good.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Although the tray and play feature is a nice idea, really, what is the point? I don't know about you, but I don't care about having to wait 5 or 10 minutes for a game to install.

Although I'm not buying Vista for this, I might get it for Shadowrun, and grab a copy of H2 Vista at the same time. mmmmm achievements.

5. Wolfe

Wolfe New Member

Any FPS + PC > Any FPS + Console

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I agree with Wolf on this one, FPS are much better played on a PC due to controls.
    Racing games however, have always been best on the console.

Not sure I'll be upgrading to vista for this one. Not when I'm using linux ;)
    I wonder if wine or cedega will ever support Halo 2. I'm also curious as to when the first service pack will be out for vista.

7. kempez

kempez modding again!

I agree a PC is best on any FPS due to the input method and the fact that you aren't generally sitting on a couch whilst playing :)

8. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ New Member

I can't believe this is being delayed because of such a useless and pointless feature. They're making everyone wait longer because of a feature that's supposed to make the wait shorter, how ironic is that! I've got a better idea, scrap the feature and release it last month! :wallbash:

Not that it matters to me personally. I don't have Vista and don't want it any time soon, so I'm not waiting for Halo 2 to be released. It just bugs me when highly anticipated products are delayed for stupid reasons. :rolleyes:

9. Salazaar

Salazaar New Member

It's a brilliant kind of irony that a game is being delayed for two weeks to incorporate a feature designed to let you play it 10 minutes sooner!

Also, could anyone who's actually played Halo 2 possibly think that it's worth upgrading to Vista for?

10. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Wouldn't that lag quite a bit? Accessing the DVD/CD while copying it? It would split the drive access times, as well as use up some resources somewhere along the line, and if you have a slightly slow drive.. wouldn't it bring performance down?
    I'd rather wait 5mins, go to the bathroom, and come back and play

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

But fans have been waiting to play this underwhelming console port for three years! They can't wait a second longer or their heads will explode, and Master Chief doesn't want to get any on him.

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

my best bet is that they forgot to switch on dx10 and the game was actualy running dx8.1 (as you can clearly see on the screenshot)

:D ;)

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'd like to get it for Vista (even though I've already got it on XBox) but somehow I don't think my PC would run it very well (besides which, I'm having severe display driver issues at the moment, where the screen blacks out for a second when the display driver stops... and then recovers every 5-10 seconds).

Anyone know what the game index is on it? Anything over 4.2 definitly won't run on my system (once I get the above sorted out)

14. Vash-HT

Vash-HT New Member

I was hoping Bungie made another screw up like with Myth 2, where it would wipe your whole hdd if you uninstalled it. Anyway I can't see anyone upgrading to Vista just to play this game, I've played it plenty on xbox and the game wasn't very fun to begin with.

15. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

*upgraded to Vista for halo 2* :worried:

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Agreed, Halo 2 was a pretty lame game. The multiplayer was ok, but who really cares about multiplayer FPSs on a console? They're always better on a PC with a mouse.

The best thing about Halo 2 was co-op, but even that didn't make it worth upgrading to Vista for.

17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

CardJoe:
    That pretty much sums up my sentiments towards Halo 2 on PC, too.

Halo 2 won't get me to Upgrade to Vista. Crysis might, but Halo 2 certainly won't.

As far as I'm concerned (thus, this is my opinion, Fanboys, so don't try it) this game was underwhelming to begin with on Xbox, and lacks any of the substance of PC FPS such as FEAR, HL2 or dare I say it....even Doom 3.

There's too much of a whiff of console about the Halo series.
    And anyway, a copy of Vista almost costs the same as an Xbox, and playing it on an Xbox would mean no hard-drive space wasted on my PC, leaving more room for PC games which might actually take advantage of high-end PC hardware.
    Squeaking 3-foot-high aliens and canned humour, anyone? No thanks.

Yes, I am a PC-gaming snob, but don't get me wrong, I do play console games occasionally, particularly Japanese RPGs and Fighting games, though mostly through (legal) emulation, and if I really wanted to play Halo 2, I would one way or another, but I wouldn't upgrade to Vista to do it.

I get the feeling that this port will sell well to those out there running their Dell XPS with Vista pre-installed, no clue what's running inside the system, Compuserve shortcuts on the desktop and a copy of Halo 2 already sitting in an XBox on the other side of the room.

Has there been any guarantee that Halo 2 for PC will actually have co-op?

They dropped co-op for the PC release of Halo 1, as far as I can remember..

18. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

19. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

have to disagree with you there... I found it immensely fun and would love to play it on PC.. however... definitely not getting Vista just yet.. it's just not ready IMHO.

20. Sonny

Sonny New Member

me too, was really looking forward to multiplayer online and trying out the new games for windows live or whatever it is called. this sucks. :wallbash:

Tags: Add Tags