1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Halo 5: Guardians

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 16 May 2014.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

So, announced sometime today was 'Halo 5: Guardians'

Developer: 343 Industries
    Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
    Composer:
    Console: Xbox One
    Release: Q3/Q4 2015

[​IMG]

Read more: Here

So, more will be revealed at E3 on June 9th, but the game wont release for over a year:sigh: Oh well, guess i will have to wait.

Sam

Last edited: 20 May 2014
  2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Sounds good, and E3 is on my birthday, so a nice birthday present :)

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Cool will be getting this one.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

In about 1 and half years time ill finally have a reason to buy the xbox one. ( Estimated release date is q4 2015.) Should be able to get a halo 5 bundle for under £250 by that stage id guess also.

5. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

... do not like a single thing about the current XBOX ONE. Slim it down, allow the HDD to be changed and lower the price and then I'll start to take an interest. Pains me because I do love Halo. :sigh:

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm more interested in a Spartan Ops part 2 than Halo 5, Halo 4's campaign convinced I wasn't interested in the single player anymore (dare I say it, I missed the Brutes and the Flood).

Now more Spartan Ops, with a more campaign-like structure and hundreds (as in hundreds) of enemies spawning at once? That I could be persuaded to buy a Xbone for.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This. I hope it's not as disappointing as 4 was though.

Sorry guys, don't want to drag this off topic but Halo 4 is still Call of Halo to me. I haven't had it in the console since the month it was released.

8. samkiller42

Looking around, there's much talk of Halo 2 being re-released this year. I won't lie, i want that very much.

Uni, Why your hate for 343i? I thought they did a fantastic job with Halo 4, i grant, Reach's story is much better, but the rest is good fun.

Sam

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The multiplayer of H4 disappointed me greatly. There's plenty from me in the Halo 4 thread on this forum if you're interested. I might give it another go in the future but they went too CoD/Unreal Tournament for my liking. It didn't stay true to Halo's unique style of multiplayer action. There were too many overpowered and underpowered weapons, bugs and gameplay mechanics flaws the last time I played it.

The main thing that was missing was KOOS (knock out of scope). If they haven't returned that, I'm still not interested in playing it. Also insta-spawn in War Games Slayer. That was a stupid addition and has no place being in a Halo game. As I've said before, overall I feel that they made Halo 4 to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, whether that audience had spent their lives playing Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament or other FPS multiplayers. It felt to me like they added in so many elements from other shooters that there wasn't enough Halo left to make it feel like a natural progression or improvement from the last in the series (Reach).

Bungie would never have done that. Bungie did it the Halo way and said **** you to anyone who didn't like it. With 4, 343 tried way too hard, and tried to design a game that everyone could play and that would please everyone, but in doing so they disappointed and alienated a lot of people like me who have been in love with the franchise since the moment that free paper sleeved Combat Evolved DVD which came with with my day one Xbox went into the drive.

If and when Halo 2 Anniversary is released I'll play nothing else for about a year! I racked up countless hundreds of hours playing that multiplayer both on original XBL and local/system linked split screen! It was such a fun game for its time :)

Last edited: 19 May 2014
  10. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I too would love a Halo 2 reboot.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

12. samkiller42

Now that would be epic, Although a massive shame it won't include Reach or ODST, Loved running around listening to Nathan Fillian and playing as 'Sarge Maj. Johnson' in Firefight.

Sam

13. gravgen3rd

gravgen3rd What's a Dremel?

I will be getting this one soon :D

14. samkiller42

Well, It's out, and has been for 24h, Managed to play through 90% of the campaign, and thus far, Much better than Halo 4.

You can certainly tell it's a 343i game, not Bungie.
    Still, i'll hopefully finish the campaign sometime today before making a full judgement.

Sam

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Prepare for an ending on par with Halo 2.

In fact, the campaign reminds me a lot of Halo 2, lots of treading in sort of circles to make a roundabout set up for the next game, not enough Arby and Half Jaw (or any Half Jaw at all). It was way easier than Halo 4 as well, is that 343's idea of 'balanced for co-op'?

Nevermind, it continues the Halo 4 tradition of being ok.

16. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

After the 9GB update it had to download when you first chuck in the disk ... it took a while to install. I'll be having a play this weekend, for sure! :D

17. samkiller42

Completed my first run on Normal Solo. Far more enjoyable than Halo 4. I can certainly see how the ending compares to Halo 2.

Sam