1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Hammond in Jet powered car crash

Discussion in 'General' started by DougEdey, 20 Sep 2006.

1. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

2. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

kind of makes me wonder what it would cost to build a jet powered car....

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

4. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

Lets just hope its a recoverable concussion.

5. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I have been watching TG since I was 2 1/2 lol, and I think that it wouldn't be possible to run it without Hamster. I do hope he recovers, but what happens if he is never the same again?

6. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

The things presenters have to go through these days, but he probably wanted to do it anyway...

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Come on Hamster, RECOVER, thats an order from US on the bit-tech forums :D

Hamster has been a good co-presenter after Clarkson, and it wont be the same, silly comments about his teeth for instance :D Top Gear wont be the same with out the Hamster, but im sure Top Gear will go on.

Sam

8. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Question is, if he recovers (and he will) will he want to go back? I mean being in a crash at 250mph + is going to have some mental effect surely?

9. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I'm sure his love of cars overrides the mental effects. However his injurys may affect his ability to drive so he may be restricted to light driving or just staying in the studio.

Hopefully he will recover fully and go back to his usual habits, seems that the next series of Top Gear may be delayed for a while unless they put up with just two presenters. But the trio won't be complete without Hamster, it's the chemistry between Jeremy and Hamster that makes the show so enterntaining.

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

11. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

So it's not all just for the show ;)

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Guest Presenters?

It worked for Have I Got News For You.

No, it'll be a long long struggle to override the mental effects of the crash. After getting hit by a car, even at low speeds and having nothing majorly wrong I subconciously felt stressed when crossing roads for a few months afterwards until I regained confidence and forgot about it. It'll take a long time to forget something like this.

13. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

You're probably right, but it's difficult to say. When I had a crash because I was driving stupidly, it didn't affect me whatsoever when driving normally afterwards. I was scared if I tried driving quickly on country roads again though.

I expect that driving a >300mph jet-powered dragster is an entirely difference experience to most driving. It may just be that he won't be doing any high speed stuff for a while.

14. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Might well depend on the person... Doesnt affect racing drivers (or doesnt seem to) when they have high speed crashes... Most of them are back out and racing as soon as they're able too.

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Its the old falling off a horse problem. The best way to get over it is conquer your fear by getting right back in the saddle.

16. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Cheers Atomic, good read up, made me smile, good to hear there all getting along :D

Sam

18. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Glad someone reads my posts :)

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What's this now, Sam?

20. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

hopefully richard will make a full recovery, the news so far is good. and hopefully TG will be broadcast....it is (along with 5th gear) THE only show on TV worth watching. i gladdly pay the TV licence just to watch TG, it amounts to 8-9 hours (depending on episodes per series) but its worth every penny. for every hour of TG theres millions of hours of complete drivel.

but ive just been reading on the BBC news website and im actually rather p'd off about whats been mentioned

first, the miserable wet vegetable eating eco-weenies that call for the show to be dropped... this bunch need to get a ****ing life. do they want everyone to be miserable lettuce eating push overs looking after "sensitive peat bogs" in their back gardens? would a TV show about Trees and pedal powered cars be interesting and fun? no the bearded types should just get back in their holes and shut up.

second, this Health and safety guy. at work im so fed up of H&S it drives me potty. its like no one ever at any time should get harmed in any single way shape or form. what a joke, accidents happen and some times its just that... an accident, no one directly to blame, a certain set of conditions co-existed and something went wrong.

we've got his H&S idiot now going to investigate the crash...... looking for some one to point the finger at, looking for some one to sue and that annoys me. He was drivng a jet powered seat at near 300mph... you have to expect and accept theres a big risk of an accident which is absolutely beyond your control.

i have a real fear now that TG is gonna end up a wet boring program because the health and safety environmental busy bodies are going to castrate it with their stupid views. TG glamourises speed and power....and thats bad apparently, as is taking risks. these guys obviously arent human. taking risks is part of being human, taking risks is what got us here today. would we of discovered america is cpt cook (it was him right?) didnt take the risk? would we of gone to moon if NASA hadnt taken the risk? Beardy eco activists are slowing us down.

i feel sorry for kids growing up today....they are cosseted in a blanket of safety, making sure they dont even catch so much as a cold, or do so much as get a slight bruise. no wonder obesity is on the up.

its not the kids eating more and more crap food, its the H&S bureau telling them "oh you dont wanna play football in the park with your friends..you might sprain an ankle....we wouldnt want that, its not safe." its much safer to sit motionless in front of the tv playing pro evo instead!

well thats the rant over

Hammond i hope you recover mate! so you can get back to driving fast cars and blowing up caravans we know its what you love doing and we love watching you do it.

hopefully TG has got more supporters than there is Eco warrior H&S zealots, and that it will remain the middle fingered salute to the namby pamby nanny state

Last edited: 22 Sep 2006
Tags: