1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handbuilt aluminium case FINNISHED!! (with pics)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by kong, 19 Aug 2002.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

u find that in area 51 or something???
    its kwel:jawdrop:

2. madhatter

madhatter What's a Dremel?

that is so nice

/me is jealous

3. ModCanada

ModCanada What's a Dremel?

Asif youd bump this all the way back to the top..

4. Linkitch

Linkitch What's a Dremel?

VERY nice craftmenship... but still I wouldn't want to own one myself... I ain't saying it's ugly, but I just don't like it...

5. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

Very nice work!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

To me it looks like one of those old radios that was made in the 30's and 40's, but redone in a industrial feel for the executive that has everything. Very nice, tip 'o the hat to your fine work!

6. HAXOR

HAXOR Minimodder

The top of your case looks very similar to my custom made fan grills (yes by me, and design by me :)) on my CompUSA case. I find a funny litte coinsidence.

7. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

How the hell did I miss this??

Kong, this case owns! This will have to go up there with my favorite cases of all time. Good job mate, you have done an outstanding job. :)

:thumb: :thumb:
    Oh, did you copy Kong's window for your fan grilles, HAXOR? ;)
    This project log (with its finished top window) started and was running over a year before you started yours in oc-forums dude. Check your facts please before posting comments like the one above (you should be proud mate that your fan-grilles look like Kong's excellent window). :)

Kong is the kind of bloke who gives credit for any ideas he gets from others - and not that he gets many from others because he has so many good ones of his own! :cooldude:

8. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

That's niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. With the door, it's simply kick ass! Enter it into a modding contest dude!

9. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

Sup

Whats up Kong its been Awhile & I havent seen this Project in aloooooooong time. I still Love it. Can I have it? are you doing anymore Project or Upgrades?

Will be Looking Forward to something New :) Peace

10. HAXOR

HAXOR Minimodder

I didn't mean to be rude, if that's how it came out. It's just I designed my fan grills before I even knew this forum existed. I didn't expect anyone else to have had the design anywhere. I was just stating that I had designed my own fan grills, thinking they'd be something only I would think of :(

Anyway, your case looks awesome Kong, If you ever want fan grills, just ask ;)

11. kong

kong cnc-guy

Wow, who the hell dug this one up! Ten months between the top two posts on this page!

Cheers for the comments guys, I only linked to it from another thread coz it seems I may have won a competition.

12. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

You missed this because its old. Very old. Infact its so old you weren't even registered when the thread started/ended(supposedly). Still a nice case though.

13. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I kinda gathered that :)

Top work for such an 'old' case!

14. jpb

jpb What's a Dremel?

Another late to the party person

Old doesn't mean dead. Great work kong! :clap:

15. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Nice work :)

16. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Re: Another late to the party person

Old threads shouldn't be dug up unless there is something important to add. "Great Work" isn't important, just nice. So when a thread is old, let it die in peice :)

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

They should also be dug up if needed for proof of something, they're REALLY funny, or just amazing.

18. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Re: Re: Another late to the party person

I would have to disagree with you here AstrumPreliator.

If a Mod isn't written as an article on the site then many many people who joined the forums since the thread 'died' are going to miss out on viewing and enjoying it. If someone discovers it and revives it, thus allowing others like myself enjoyment and inspiration from it, then all the better.

It's a top mod and worth a bump. I think the fact that it's stacked on a couple of thousand views in the 2 days since it's revival is testament to the numbers who missed it first time round...

Good stuff Kong :)

19. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Everyone should experience these projects, thats why all project logs are kept in the board history. However, unless you have something useful to add or a question pertaining to the project then you should leave old threads where they are. It distracts the attention of the forum members who are looking for current project logs.

Replying to an old project log with "Great job" adds no intellectual
    substance to a thread. The individual who worked on this project has already received many accolades; compliments added long after the thread has been antiquated serves only to increase a users post count.

While I believe this to be common sense perhaps there should be an addendum to the project log rules. Users are (and always have been) free to read past projects but replying to them should not happen unless you have pertinent information to add or a specific question in regard to the project itself.

20. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod What's a Dremel?

Beautiful .. just Beautiful... but is there anyway we could see the rear of it?