1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handles/User Names -- Where did you get them from?

Discussion in 'General' started by Marzupial, 29 Mar 2002.

1. Marzupial

Marzupial What's a Dremel?

Hey all,

Just wondering where u guys got your handles from? Do they, the ones that arent obvious, mean anythin in particular?

Personally i opened thie dictionary on an "Ma" page and found "Marsupial", but it had to be modded , so i am now Marzupial....

Other names which interest me in their origin are:

KNA
    Mr Haz
    Kaneda
    kanesdomain
    Relix ( i know ive asked u mate, but still dont understand it :rolleyes: )
    Digitalblueshift

etc etc

Feel free to explain your username....

P.S. And i aint talkin about "Case Handles", before some smart alec tells me about em! :dude: :rolleyes:

2. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

my real name is Steven but years ago my friend nick named me Steweart (thats how he spelled it) so when I first started using the internet I chose the screen name Steweart, but that was allready taken, so I put in stewe15 since 15 is my favorite number. (we had to use AOL. I cringe at the memory) anyway my family moved and i got to use a real ISP. we moved a couple years later and i had to go back to AOL and the screen name stewe15 was still active, they said it would take about 3 years for the system to delete it ( I HATE AOL!!!) so i used stewe151, and it stuck. (I have cable internet now YAY!)

3. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

didnt we have this thread a while back?

but any way i got my name of a tape my sis gave me years ago, before i even had the net, the tape was by a band called Lightning Colour Vivid, and i just remembered the vivid bit one day, and it stuck.

4. neuro

neuro What's a Dremel?

yup, and like i said...i could tell you where i got my name but i'd have to kill you :hehe: :lol:

5. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Well,
    Freddy was my old 13370r $crip0r kiddie alias.

I mainly use Acron now - It's greek and means "At the top" but I do believe their was a cartoon character with this name at some point.

6. RTT

RTT #parp

well, when i started at my present school, i was basically a lot smaller than anyone else, plus the fact im one of the youngest im my year at school - therefore some people were as much as 6"-10" taller than me :eeek:

so i was branded "RichTheTitch" and it stuck.

however, 5 years on from being branded with the name, i'm taller than some of the people who were a lot taller than me then :D

i also shorten RichTheTitch to RTT ;)

7. K

K 528491

Since you ask, mine is dead simple.

Let us first consider the linear (hi Linear!!) superposition of the two previous stationnary: states.
    y(x,t) = C1(t) j 2(x) + C2(t) j2(x)
    By manually changing C1 and C2 you can observe that when the two coefficient are in phase, the eigenfunctions interfere constructively on the left side while they interfere destructively on the right side, because j 1(x)+j2(x) takes greater values on the left side. The particle has a greater probability to be detected on the left side.
    In contrast, when C1 and C2 are in opposition, the eigenfunctions interfere destructively on the left and constructively on the right, because j1(x)-j2(x) takes greater values on the right. The particle has a greater probability to be detected on the right side.

By starting the animation (in this case, a Japanese Anime called Akira), you can observe that C1(t) and C2(t) are alternatively in phase and in opposition, which result in an oscillation of the average position at frequency w21=w2 -w1. The linear superposition of two stationary states of different energies is no longer a stationary state and evolves into some font that resembles the letters k a n e d and a. This phenomenon is known as 'Kaneda syndrome' and affects mainly stupid people playin with quantum physics they know nothing about.

....serious.

8. RTT

RTT #parp

:hehe: :hehe: Kaneda

9. K

K 528491

*hold up a pink Monkey*

Lookit the monkey RTT!!!!

*runs from Rich's forums*

10. Adam

Adam Minimodder

I don't have a nickname, Adam is my real name. Boring I know, I used to have a very immature nickname which I had when I was about 12 and which I won't mention for fear of embarassment. If anyone has any nick ideas for me, you are welcome to make suggestions. Lol I should think of one myself.

11. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

pah mine is just my first name :)
    sometimes go under AJRN which is initals (ie my domain)

but u don't wanna know about my others (faar too st00pid)

12. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

my names tom, and my sisters sometimes talk ina weird accent that adds eh to the end of names they usually end in y.

sorta stuck

13. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

mine is Elspuddy beacuse there is too meany spud's on the net, so i needed someing new, some ting cross super cow and gareilfs caped advenger !

14. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

Well when I was younger (and it was fashionable!) I had a rats tail (hair cut), and my first name is obviousy Matthew - hence the name Mat the rat which I shorten for games and stuff to Mat-d-Rat :)

15. Slink

Slink B7

Im a Slink
    nuff said

16. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Yo-DUH cane from the tire of trying to explain my usernames to people that wanted to know!

Nahh, I just liked yoda, and tried to get a yahoo address, no dice. I then tried Yo-DUH, no dice, but yahoo suggested yoduh_87 (for some reason), so, I took it. I realy wanted Yo-DUH, but that doesn't work on the web, for some reason :cries: So, I ended up with yoduh_87.

Then, I discovered the forums, coolness! I could go around by Yo-DUH as much as I want! But, instinct took over whilst I was typing the username, and I have an _87 tacked on there (which I've come to like, BTY. Hands of RTT :) ).

Now, I just need a nice little pic of yoda for an avitar, when I reach 250, that is (like digiblueshif said, getting to 250 like a 286 running seti!) not bound to be soon, though.

Signing out...

17. relix

relix Minimodder

Yeah, you all would like where I got my name from and what it means eh? Hehehe, and no, initially it was not from "relics", start guessing I would say, but the name relic does fit me perfectly, as I'm the mystery of the cube in your darkest dreams ...

18. relix

relix Minimodder

now you've awaken the demon inside Kna you know ... ph33r it!

19. Yo-DUH_87

Oops, did I do something, or was it something I typed ;)

Come on, relix, be nice. Where did it come from? I don't have a degree in hypnosis, and even if I did, I don't think you can do it through computer ;)

Signing out...

20. Yo-DUH_87

Poor person, my sister does the came thing. Now, if only we could "re-educate" them...

:hehe:, or not!

Signing out...