1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handles/User Names -- Where did you get them from?

Discussion in 'General' started by Marzupial, 29 Mar 2002.

1. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

<off topic>
    Dude, the Dragonlance series rocks! :rock: The chronicles are possibly three of the coolest books ever written.
    </off topic>

2. DoubleSidedTape

DoubleSidedTape What's a Dremel?

this is my old one
    i now use DoubleSidedTape :idea:
    RTT, could u change my name to Double Sided Tape :thumb:

3. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 What's a Dremel?

I got my name from my napster username from way back in the day. (1999) My napster account/IP was banned due to the whole metallica controversy. I chose yellowsnow because I was really into snowboarding at the time (the snow part) and I was 18 and had a different sense of humor at the time (the toilet humor reference part) Finally, 17 is my favorite number so that's where that comes from. Anyway, now whenever I need a username for any online account purposes, I use yellowsnow17 as kind of a tribute to my original napster account. RIP dude.

btw, my real name is Dan...

4. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

My name came from an episode of the cartoon show Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. Aw... What episode was it? It was all in black and white. Buzz Aldrin was the guest that Space Ghost accused of being "Confusitron". Rammstein played as the theme song. One of my favorites.

Anyway, I liked the name. It also fits me. I tend to confuse things, since I am an idiot, and I like things that are nonsensical (which tend to confuse people). I have no idea how I have gotten anywhere in life...

EDIT: I have now discovered that I have already posted in this thread... I guess this explains my name more, then.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2004
  5. TMM

TMM Modder

my name started as "monaro_madness" (on another forum). then i forgot my Password, the e-mail i was using was long gone. :( so then it was tim_monaro_madness. Then after a while i made it TMM, and here i am :p

6. tompko

tompko What's a Dremel?

Mines the nickname i've had ever since primary school, some of my friends couldn't even tell you my real name cos no-one calls me it :D

7. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

Back in 9th grade, a couple of asians called me Chamander after the Pokemon series. By the end of 10th grade, EVERYONE in the whole school knew me by chamander, even the seniors and the teachers. I was cool back then so I guess that was when Chamander2kool was made. lol

John Cena is just a wrestler from WWE Smackdown lol

8. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

Iam the buddha of the bootup

eh, well not really... But I do own bootupbuddha.com. Thought at the time that it would be a great domain name so I bought it and have never really used (yet).

:idea: We should start a new thread called: Domain Names we registered and never ever, ever used" :idea:

Anyways, I have gone by a few handles in my time, 'Ghost' or 'Ghost in the PC' is the one that I have used for years but it’s a really popular name so I dropped it. I used BootupBuddha here just in case I actually finish my site and maybe draw some traffic to it. It is in production but is still weeks away. It’s a windoze tweak site stuff that people on bit-tech would already know about. It’s designed for the ma and pop types that would be willing to pay for tech support.

9. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

Back in 98 I was making a secondary screen name in AOL and PsychoBoy was taken, I had seen someone use I3 as B in another SN so I did that. At the time I was accused of being an extreme nerd for having 5 email accounts with PsychoI3oy@*.com (yahoo, hotmail before it sucked, excite, and a couple others that i've forgotten); I wonder what they'd think of me now for having had at least a dozen PsychoI3oy@ email addresses?

this was, of course, looong before the era of 1337 533|< ('leet speek') that we now endure.

as for the actual etymology of my nick, I dunno, always been weird, and earned the real life nickname of 'psycho' from my classmates in high school, and it's stuck ever since.

10. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

i'm normally ether M Blank,XC,01101010(J in binary) or el tAco but this one came about as i thunked it when replying to a post here(i didn't think i'd stay:p)

EDIT:i should really be called 'thread revival batman'

11. Forthy

Forthy What's a Dremel?

<deleted>

Last edited: 20 Feb 2015
  12. inmate909

inmate909 What's a Dremel?

Inmate because I feel like life/society is often a prison for our minds.

909 = ()( holding down shift. 909 is also 91 ways from 1000. 303x3 = 909.

Actually, 909 is meaningless to me - if I recall, Inmate by itself was taken and I was too lazy to think of anything clever at the time.

13. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

I will burn your eyes! bwahahaha

14. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

there's a fart on my ear. lots of people think fart is a verb, but in my username it's a noun. it's also an excuse to slap people. "WATCH OUT! THERE'S A FART ON YOUR EAR!"

15. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Came from my dj name 'FuzzyGroove'

16. Guido

Guido What's a Dremel?

Well, a friend nick-named me ChaChi, cause for some reason he thinks I look like Scott Bao (sp?) from Happy Days. Well, thinking that someone would call me chichi ( slang for boob), I came up with Guido. (Sticking with the Italian theme.)

Others I go by: LibTec (My job, Library Technician)
    Josh N (My name, duh)

17. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

can you guess?