1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Hands-on with Asus' latest laptops

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 9 May 2010.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Chiclet style keyboard on a gaming laptop? WHY?

2. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

Bit-tech: did you ask Asus as to the huge price diff for the G73 in the states and in the UK?

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Can't that usually be attributed to the $1=£1 policy that most tech companies follow?

4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I'd like a review of the U35Jc. Seems right up my alley.

5. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

I wish they'd make more 12" CULV laptops with any GPU from ATI or nvidia, no GMA no optical, just portable goodness.

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Not a bad looking laptop, but not my taste

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've no idea of any of the prices sorry. I can certainly ask them though. I would assume its because, like everything else: a) UK £ is in the ******* b) transport costs are still rising c) inflation is on the up d) demand means they/UK reatilers (latter usually more suspect) can get away with it.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I would like to see more 10-12" CULV to be honest. Super portable but without Atom too. I think it might be a niche market, but I doubt it's possible since you still need 3 chipsets PLUS a decent sized battery. People are sold on battery life :(

Anyway, I'm glad people found it useful! I'll aim to do some more - if there's any other info you'd like I'll try and get it but usually I have very limited time to play with them. I've got some MSI's coming in the next few days and I'll be getting plenty of notebooks AND tablets for Computex in the coming weeks :thumb:

9. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Alienware M11?

10. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

Which laptop is in the very first picture on the first page? Love the look of that, reminds me of a Dell XPS or something.

11. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

All images have the laptop model in the filename...?

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

U35Jc, Ricky is correct

13. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Eek. If you get a chance to look at the the MSI X360, please take some pictures/notes! :clap:

(13in, thin, i5, decent looking keyboard, 9hrs battery life)

14. Burdman27911

Burdman27911 What's a Dremel?

I am most definitely interested in a full review of the U30Jc (with the i3/i5... not the i7 please). I have actually seriously been considering purchasing one, but I've decided to hold out to see some reviews of the HP Envy 14. The Envy is a little larger but has a much (MUCH) better screen and has eSATA and other nice add-ons that I think might be worth the extra size and cost (not much more).

From what I've seen of the U30Jc, I think that ASUS has done an excellent job and manged to fit a lot of power in a fairly small size. The extra weight and bulk is disappointing (also why I'm looking at the sleeker Envy), but I would like to know Bit's thought on it as I trust you guys and your opinions.

15. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Asus have proved that you can have any size laptop with a CULV processor and using switchable graphics, still get 10+ hours battery.

Tags: Add Tags