1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive Set-up (IDE and SATA?)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Confusitron, 13 Jun 2005.

1. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

yak its a DELl and it only has 2X18GB and prob no IDE or sata and 1GB of RDRAM Memory yak again

so i would stay away from stuff like that.

what you want is a nice 3ware sata con card :rock: with some nice sata drives on :thumb:

2. Confusitron

Confusitron New Member

Thank you for the correction (not in a sarcastic tone).

I think I'll be using the onboard SATA controller on an MSI K8N Neo4-F motherboard, or at least that's what I'm leaning toward for a motherboard.

I ought to post up my planned parts for this computer so that they may be critiqued.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2005
  3. riluve

riluve New Member

Oh, my pleasure. Appearently its going to be a popular mistake. Like people who say "ATM Machines".

4. Confusitron

Confusitron New Member

Also, "hot water heater".

And while we're at it... You said "appearently", rather than "apparently".

Oh well! That's that for the correction rubbish...

Does anyone have suggestions for hard drive models? I said earlier I'll probably go with Hitachi, but has anyone had good experiences with something else?

Last edited: 17 Jun 2005
  5. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

My favourite:
    7200 RPMs per minute -
    doubly wrong - RPM is already plural (the 'S' comes after "Rotations," not "Minute") and of course "per minute" is redundant and repetitive....

6. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Anything from Seagate is reliable, and they have pretty bulletproof warranties. You definitely want to put the OS on a seperate drive from the stuff you're recording, otherwise the Windows will lock up. For example, my friend has a pretty high-load server, and he made the mistake of putting the OS on the same drive as some of his storage, so whenever his OS drive gets a bunch of data requests or gets written to a bunch of times in a row,, he get's the wonderful "System is busy" message. So, a word of warning to you.