1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Hard To Be A God

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/03/11/hard_to_be_a_god/1

It's hard to be a god - but it's even harder to be a games journalist! OK, no, not really - but sometimes it is a little trying. At the end of a long day though we like nothing more than to sit back with a decent RPG based on a story by the authors who inspired S.T.A.L.K.E.R...

:duh:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Shame that no game or movie ever seems to follow the original storyline.

Look at I Am Legend I've been told the original book is brilliant compared to the movie, but the alternative ending is far better then the original ending.

Max Payne is in production now too, and that scares me because I can't imagine Mark Whalberg being Max Payne, and Mila Kunis doesn't exactly fit in either...

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Mar 2008
  3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I Am Legend the book far surpasses anything on offer by the film. It truly is a great read.

4. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

may look into at some stage, but im not in a rush for it, back to some fallout i think

5. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

It looks rather like Diablo 2 in terms of gameplay and camera angle. Is this the case? I rather enjoyed D2 and if this is in a similar style it might be worth picking out of a bargain bin somewhere.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I would say it looks more like Gauntlet then D2

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Meh. If I want hack&slash, I can't get better than Dungeon Siege or DSII. Both are great games. Diablo II is fun, but I don't feel it's AS fun.

That's ok, though. Now that my new laptop has actual graphics power, I can go back to a round of Serious Sam, or Half Life II after my recent re-visit to baldur's gate. That, and Joe has been telling me I need to play Planescape: Torment...

8. CardJoe

YOU DO!

9. RinSewand

RinSewand New Member

speeling and/or gramur might be a bit off there ;)

From the review I'd it looks like I'd rather go and play Diablo II instead. Those graphics are appalling for a brand new game, unless it's deliberately aimed at low power pc's.

RwD

10. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

This game does look awful. Put it side by side against a game like Titan Quest Immortal Throne and you really can see the difference. TQ looked better than this game on my HP Media Center with a crappy power supply and an Nvidia 8400 GS. With a new 700W power supply and a BFG Nvidia 9800GT OC, TQ looks 10X better than this game. Granted, I now have all the graphic goodies maxed, but still...

Its a shame that Iron Lore Studios is going out of business... TQ was, and still is, a great game, imho.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This man speaks the truth. "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson and "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman are absolute must reads for any Sci-Fi fan.

Forever War has become my favourite book behind the Hitchiker's Guide series.

12. CardJoe

Not read the Forever War yet. My favourite Sci-Fi books are:

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
    Repent Harlequin, Said The Tick-Tock Man by Harlan Ellison
    I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison

Oh, and these three I'd say are must-reads. The last is my favourite book ever:

Mockingbird by Walter Tevis
    Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny
    And, finally, Alfred Bester's first novel and winner of the first Hugo award The Demolished Man.

I really can't describe how awesome The Demolished Man is as a novel - though provoking, exciting, darkly witty and deeply ingenious in terms of both plot and style.

Tags: Add Tags