1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Hardware for Video Conferencing

Discussion in 'General' started by SproutWinkler, 9 Mar 2011.

1. SproutWinkler

SproutWinkler Spending a penny...

Hi all,

(At work) We're looking at signing up for WebEx Meeting Center or GoToMeeting so I need to look into what hardware we'll need.

Simple webcams (i.e. logitech) will do at our remote offices but I was wondering what to get at our head office? This will be based in a meeting room and must at least support 1 speaker but preferable support more.

I know nothing about omnidirectional microphones and videoconferencing so was looking for some hints :D

Any help most appreciated!

2. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

We use Adobe connect at work. Its flash based and supports all kind of stuff like multi user chatlogs and remote support. We use it with a normal Logotech webcam and pc speakers. The Mics are ClearOne Chat150 and cost a lot, but its really worth it as the cancel out feedback better then anything other we tested.

3. bemused

bemused What's a Dremel?

I use webex connect, it's a great product. I use a range of webcams with it, either the one in my lappy or a logitech 9000 pro on my desktop set up. The logitech is a great webcam.

Not sure how it would work in a meeting room, but I've done a webex with a spider phones a few times no problems at all not sure about video. Unless you are just playing to plonk a webecam on the top of a large TV and hook it all up to a laptop not sure how good that will look.

But webex is a very good product and webex connect client has changed the way I work.

4. SproutWinkler

SproutWinkler Spending a penny...

Cheers guys,

antiHero - will check out the ClearOne mics.

bemused - I've got a Logitech 9000 and Microsoft LifeCam Studio to test out.

Maybe I could just find a camera with a nice wide angle lens to cover the meeting room...?

5. bemused

bemused What's a Dremel?

Worth a try.