1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Hardware Podcast 6 – Nvidia has a Fermi, snigger, and the new F3 is epic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 8 Oct 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Oct 2009
  2. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Yay, I won. That's the first thing I've ever won (apart from a Kit-Kat chunky). And it's pronounced as it's spelt; single 'o', hard 'b'.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Wait a minute, did Nvidia just invent a new meaning for Kernel?

4. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

is it just me, or is there a lot of reverb in this podcast? Why can't the sound issues ever get sorted? Still very low. . .

Other than sound complaints I continue to enjoy the podcasts and find them informative.

Here's a suggestion for competition prizes - give away what you describe!!!!

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Good idea but we have to describe samples we've reviewed and as such they've usually been sent back a while ago as well as not being ours to give away in the first place ;)

6. Ola.l

Ola.l What's a Dremel?

I liked this hardware podcast more than the others because of the added laughter and jokes. The beginning was rrrrrrreally good :)

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

This is pretty funny to listen to (still listening), as it's all about the stuff I've been doing for the last few weeks. Unfortunately, I was too busy to be on the recording, which was a bit of a shame! :(

I hope to be on the next one to talk more about Fermi/Cypress, as we should have a detailed Fermi analysis out by then. :thumb:

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's very nice that you didn't try to dumb down too much during the SIMD and MIMD talk.

about the Samsung SSD's. can i just make sure i didn't hear this incorrectly: No full format at all?

indeed, RAM prices are crazy, the £135 8GB Corsair Dominators im using now are now £81 for 4GB, making over £160 for 8GB im using now.

9. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

Entertaining podcast as usual - don't edit out all the silly stuff as that is just as good as the proper content!

My only quibble is the low quality of sound - there is no need to compress it down to 64kbps as it sounds utterly awful if you've got a decent set of headphones!

10. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

*iconic swirl*
    Awesome voicing Harry! You should think about a pro-wrestling-voicer career!
    Delicious burp to whomever it was.
    I look forward to the F3's coming soon to NZ!

11. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

41:40
    You said you could set the page file to the outer portion of a HDD. How do you do that? I thought Windows just picked a place and that was that.

Tags: Add Tags