1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 15 Jul 2009.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I've just got back from watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with the GF. Do yourselves a favour, if you're planning on going to watch it...DON'T. It's awful, the actors and actresses do their best but not even their best could save the dross that they were given to work with. I see a lot of films as I have an Unlimited Cineworld card and I can quite honestly say that this is the worst film I've seen this year.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2009
  2. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

Read the first chapter of the first harry potter book when it first came out and decided then and there it wasn't worth my time.

Crap books crap films crap author

Shame the amount of people who's kids / girlfriends / friends drag them into watch those "movies"

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The books are meh, the films are crap but the audio-books are just awesome.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

The Voldamort character is a complete rip off from a famous Manga character.

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Voldemort.

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Half blood prince?
    Half-baked premise, more like.

Jamie likes this.
  7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Eugh... I knew I shouldn't have agreed to see this at the IMAX tomorrow... Did my friends listen? Nooooo! Are we going to get odd looks, a group of 5 guys going to see a kids film.... Yeaaaaa.

Dicks.

8. Ady6UK

Ady6UK Feck Off

I saw the first one finally about two years ago (very dull) and some of the third one but apart from that I've had no interaction with Harry Potter and Co.

If you paid and she liked it, I hope you made your missus stump up a refund.:D

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I might go see it, just to be able to trashtalk it later :)

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I was one of those who weren't interested in seeing the HP movies and thought (and said) they were stupid. Then last year I thought it was ignorant of me to criticize something I didn't even know so I watched all five of them in a week.

HP1) Definitely a kid movie, but decent nonetheless if you don't expect gory action
    HP2) Story isn't extraordinary and the bad guy is lame, but I could live through the whole film
    HP3) Definitely boring and way too long. I've actually had to try 3 times to watch the whole thing without falling asleep
    HP4) Much better and much more interesting overall. Whoever decided back in 2000 that they were going to release HP movies for the next 9 years knew that kids would grow up and keep following them if they made the movies a little darker each time. Good movie, good fun
    HP5) The best of the bunch so far. Ralph Fiennes is awesome and the final battle is quite cool

Because the 4th and 5th movies were getting better and better, I can't wait to see the 6th one and I expect it to be just as good. I actually think HP4 and 5 are better than LOTR now. I just can't stand the slow motions in lotrs anymore, damn it's annoying. No freaking wonder each movie is 9 hours long

11. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I'll be honest, when people starting going nuts over Harry Potter I said "Fair enough, let's give this a read". Not that good overall as modern writing, even as childrens writing. The movies are a visual feast, but like the books, come across as "meh".

12. DarkLord7854

I think they said #6 will be in 2 parts

13. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

The books are just irritating. The films do a decent job of cutting out all the crap. Although they do sometimes cut out a bit too much. Then again, if you've only read the first 3 like me then it doesn't matter any more :p

14. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The 7th. The sixth was released today ;)

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

that's right and even if it were cut in two parts as the 7th will be, i wouldn't care because I didn't read the books. I'll never read them either because they will just make the film bad, at least that's what the books did to Star Wars for me. Fortunately though, there is a huge extended universe for Star Wars. I've read 6 books and they were all amazing. Luke gets raped pretty much all the time however :hehe:

16. DarkLord7854

D'oh..

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I thought the books were quite good, up until the 7th. By that point I think would have been extremely difficult to meet the overwhelming hype and lofty expectations. The 7th book felt like it wandered around too much, almost as if JK Rowling couldn't figure out just how wrap it all up - or perhaps she had trouble emotionally bringing it all to an end, and therefore dragged the story out as long as possible.

The 5th and 6th books were my favorites in the series, mostly because they began to delve into Snape's backstory. In my opinion, he was the most interesting character in the book. The ambiguity as to whether or not he was good or bad felt much more real than the early books' simple good guy/bad guy divisions.

-monkey

18. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

In that case you're going to be disappointed,

Snape is in about 5 scenes maximum

Snape has about 10 minutes total screen time.

Spinners end is shown for about 3 minutes at most and is never once referred to by name.

All the stuff about his mother being named prince etc is gone totally

The only way you know that Snape is the HBP is because he says so almost at the end of the film.

Voldemort doesn't even appear in the film except in flash backs where he appears as Tom Riddle

19. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Buuuuh, after reading that, I am ready to go and kill myself. I have always been a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, even though I like the books more than the films. The films are too kiddish, and not scary enough.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

thank (insert random god name here) for spoiler tags :D