1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Haunted pair of screens

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazyg1zm0, 15 Jan 2015.

1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hi all.

I am stuck with an issue with a pair of 22" lenovo displays at work and need some other ideas,

We have just moved buildings and a User has rang up complaining that randomly from time to time when one of the people who sits opposite them gets up from their seat (that is it they don't touch anything) The users screens flicker off (power lights go off) and then back on in a second or 2.

This was happening in both the old and new building so I'm confident this shouldn't be a power issue from too much plugged in, Also everyone has new power gangs on the desk so that factor is looked at, I have replaced the Kettle cables on the screens in-case they were the issue, as the screens loose all power when this happens not input but power.

Replacing the Kettle cables didn't work, so I grabbed a spare screen we had and swapped that with one of hers, the issue still occurred.

So I appeal to you guys what else could I try to look at and check to narrow down this issue that is not calling an exorcist as I am not sure I will get the bill approved for that.

g1

2. Gaming_freak_10

Gaming_freak_10 Minimodder

Did you check the video cables to make sure it's not the issue??

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I had something similar many years ago and I never tracked the cause down. It was bloody spooky.

4. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

Also check the connector on the gpu/mobo as It could of have been yanked or may have a dry joint

5. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I have now swapped these and am waiting for the user to get back to me

We use USB3.0 powered docking stations as we all have laptops, I should have said that in the OP my bad, I did check the USB cable though to see if that was the case but nope.