1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Having an issue with router and 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by j4mi3, 17 Jun 2012.

1. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

The router is downstairs, and serves all the wireless devices in the house such as my rig, 3 other computers, myself and my dad's phone's amongst other things.

However this issue concerns ethernet.

The 2 devices which are connected via wired ethernet are the freesat box (stuff like iplayer) and the xbox 360.

the freesat box works fine, and I have had to change no settings (like dns, manual ip etc (nor does it have the option to so kinda lucky)) in the menu of that.

However my xbox simply does not work. Why is it that all devices on the network work fine, including my freesat box, yet the xbox 360 doesn't?

In the test network connection mode on the xbox, it doesn't get part the first step - and tells me there is a problem with the ip address.

Which is weird.. because if i go into the network settings, it has assigned it one (it wen't from automatic, to there being an ip address there) so it obviously is doing something. everything else has been left on auto

anyone know why this could be?

Thanks!

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Are you sure that the CAT5 cable works?