1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayfever... who's suffering?

Discussion in 'General' started by ufk, 12 Jun 2004.

1. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

Hayfever.... aint it a bitch,
    my eyes are streaming, I cant stop sneezing and the damn antihistamines dont work any more, anyone got any homebrewed remedies that they wanna share

2. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Well I've been considering beheading myself, apart from that there doesn't seem to be much I can do. I'm in exactly the same position, and I'm convinced that these Generic Loratadine pills are just sugar pills, though the pharmacy says they're exactly the same as Clarityn, which works for me :rolleyes:

3. Gecko

Gecko New Member

Yeh, Clarityn works for me but i have these new things as well and it isnt working as well. I get terrible nosebleeds from hayfever, so i had to have my blood vesels in my nose cauterised. Thats hurts, alot.

4. jonesie

jonesie New Member

I use Benadryl 8 hour allergy relief capsules. they are quite expensive but for the quality of life it's worth it. the daily tablets are useless imo, though the stronger 8h ones need topping up.

5. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I used to get it really bad every time when I was living in the UK.

I tried almost all available pills / nasal sprays / etc. including the 'herbal medicine' ones, and perscription ones - nothing worked :wallbash:

Out of all the countries I have lived & visited:

South Africa
    Greece
    Belgium
    Cyprus
    Egypt
    Italy
    Gran Canaria
    France

I only ever suffered from hayfever in the UK.

Don't know why, I guess its a certain type of pollen found only (or a lot) in the UK?

6. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

I have never suffered from pollen allergies or anything like that. Today, however, I was trimming the hedge, which lead to a large amount of pollen dust being released into the air I breathed. This actually made my nose a bit runny, and a bit later, while I was driving, my eyes got all weird. That wasn't too fun, couldn't really stop on the motorway either.
    I once sniffed pollen. I could feel its effects then too...

7. Renko

Renko New Member

Glad to hear that you only suffer from it here Lord_A (of course it's not good that u get it at all). I've been a bit worried as I want to go abroad for an extended period but was concerned that I'd die of hayfever in the warmer climates.

Today is the first time this yr that I've suffered from it but it was only a lot of sneezing. It normally only bothers me in late summer and when cutting the grass but varies from having an itchy nose to full on sneezing fits and being able to water the garden with my nose. :grr:

8. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Dude, I know what you mean, I have to take two Piriton a day and that doesn't work very well. I still feel like ripping out my eyes, and drill out my nose, I supose it doesn't help that I live near where they farm lot's of Oil Seed Rape.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

Luckily i dont get it but i know someone who does and it doesnt seem like a nice thing

10. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Language please, my head nearly exploded just from reading that :hehe:

11. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I've had that done, it aint pleasant :(

12. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

I heard that a teaspoon of locally produced honey can help... dunno if it works, I generally prefer to take the drugs :)

13. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i get pollen related asthema and its evil

specially when i have to cut the grass!