1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haz's Audigy?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 9 Jan 2002.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Lo m8 - can i just ask:

when u switched on EAX in the creative taskbar did it f00k up your sound settings? Cause whenever i turn it on for a game or mp3 (turn it onto "rock" setting - v.good! unlike winamp or software adjustment crap) it automatically adjusts the volume and makes it go funny!?!

Also is there any other way to turn on EAX without the taskbar - cause its really crap.

Ooh and if i change the speaker settings (2/4/5.1) i get a blue screen (not an M$ blue screen, another type) which is wired.

Also are you colour blind m8?? Cause the audigy PCB is BROWN :D ;) not black! :rolleyes: :D:D

Anyway - good review, some bits u mentioned i missed and will have a look at :)

EDIT: Also (your gonna hit me wif a kipper if i ask anymore questions - i can see it :D) when you turn on EAX in the taskbar - does it automatically open creative programs (like music player for mp3s) and give u auto-help promts? Is there anyway you know of turning this off???

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Jan 2002
  2. RTT

RTT #parp

my sb is brown too ;)

3. macroman

macroman The One

I think the laquer on the board is black but the board is green giving an overall brown appearence.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh makes sence!

i love the old "bakerlite" look, of gold stuff on brown PCBs though, reminds me of an old radio - just 1000x the quality :D

5. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Well I thought it was black :p

Changing speaker settings really shouldn't bluescreen you bro.. there's something up there. You can change EAX settings without the taskbar by going in to Control Panel -> AudioHQ->EAX and setting it there.

As for your questions about the taskbar...dont ask me! I really, really hate it, and turned it off as soon as it was installed.

As for EAX making the sound go funny...how funny?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

i wanted to turn it off too - its soo ****e its painful. Thx - ill create a link to the ctrl panel EAX on my desktop.

When i get onto my PC tomorrow - ill take some screenies and show you what i mean about it effecting the sound settings.

If i get some SCSI disks ill have to reformat anyway and hope that solves the problem cause i recon its a registry fault.

7. WilHarris

Ahh ok, I await screenies :) Just don't expect and naswer tomorrow - exams all day, then big pi$$ up all night!

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ahh bad luck.. then a good reward ;)

no scsi :( not enough cash :(

9. fafhrd

fafhrd What's a Dremel?

Live Drive

Great article, thanks.

Do you know if the Live Drive IR from the SBLive 5.1 Platinum will work with the Audigy card?

Last edited: 10 Jan 2002
  10. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Good luck Haz. :)

Theyre only colletions but heck theyre still exams and a total bane :(

11. WilHarris

fathrd, yes it will.

12. Jonester

Jonester What's a Dremel?

Platinum Live Line Drive and Audigy

Thanks for the article.

I noticed you said that you can add a line drive later to the Audigy player. I already have a Soundblaster Live Platinum (Not the 5.1) with Live Drive. Do you know if I can't use that Live Drive on the Audigy? And do you think it would be worth it to upgrade to the Audigy?

Thanks
    Jonester

Last edited: 13 Jan 2002
  13. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

From whatI've read I believe its possible too use the Live! drive with the audigy as the connections and what not are the same. IMHO its not really worth the upgrade yet though, dont get me wrong the audigy has some great features such as 24bit/96 kHz DACs and multiple reverb effects etc . but the fact is that unless you have some really stonking speakers/headphones then you'll be unlikely to hear a difference. Maybe when games start to support the EAX features (Multi-Environment, Environment Morphing, Environment Panning, Environment Reflections and Environment Filtering) then it would make sense to upgrade but personally I dont feel the launch of this new range represents a true step forward but rather a re-launch of a creative product to cope with increasing competition. There certainly nothing ground breaking in there ...... that said if the EAX effects are embraced by developers then it could be the dawn of a new era ...... If you can afford it then go for it otherwise I'd probably wait .... :)

14. WilHarris

To really echo what scrubs has said...unless you want to upgrade to 5.1 sound, and you're prepared to get a set of speakers to go with it, if you've already got a live platinum it might not be worth the upgrade. That said, if you can find a buyer for your old live, you could maybe upgrade for £40, which would be a pretty good deal.

15. Jonester

Jonester What's a Dremel?

thanks guys for the help.

Jonester

Tags: Add Tags