1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HD5970 'Fixed all problems with latest official BIOS' (Added latest vBIOS in post #1)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 7 Apr 2010.

1. voaf

voaf What's a Dremel?

Uoul man, i can't thank you enough, you are awesome.:clap:

Thank you very much.:thumb:

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

No worries. I'm glad it's all worked out for you in the end. ;)

3. voaf

voaf What's a Dremel?

Im getting a lot of trouble to get some overclock in this vga, first, it just get to 1100mhz on the memory without increasing voltage, second, i can't pass 890mhz core even with 1.174v.
    Then i thought that i would solve my problems flashing your bios, but when i flash it, i can't play anything without the pc freezing as soonest as the game starts, and i have to shut it down pressing the power button.

My vga is a sapphire 5970 normal one, this one here: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=645&pid=333&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

Hope i can get some help.

4. voaf

voaf What's a Dremel?

Hope that you can help me again, my normal sapphire 1024mb cant pass 890mhz core 1.174v, and 1100mhz memory(stock voltage), so i flashed with your bios, but then i just cant get to any 3d stuff without the pc freezing.

5. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

i have issues with my xfx be 5970, it is running @ stock, i flashed with the xfx bios ages ago, would it be worth re flashing. :idea:

was running tri fire with an xfx be 5850, the 5850 is running fine no bsod on it's own, but try and run the 5970 on it's own i get the lovely atikmpag.sys

mobo asus R3E, psu corsair 1000wt.

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Sorry for the late reply, somehow missed this post.:blush:

Try flashing the card with the stock vbios in post 1, and see if it works then. :)

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Try using this stock vbios from sapphire. Clicky.

Remember to back up your old vbios on the same Flash stick, so you can revert back if anything goes wrong.

Lets us know either way.:)

Cheers,

Simon.

8. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

nah it is no good still the same issues, i have display port issues with that xfx be 5970, yes i have tried different cables, plus the xfx be 5850 i am running in that rig has no display port issues, i've tried every thing now, need to be returned, lets hope xfx honour their warranty :waah:

Or else i'll be looking for new cards. :D

hmm what will give me better performance than tri fire (not that i was getting better performance) :waah:

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

There seems to be a common problem with the HD5970 DP, so I can't see why they can't warrant you a RMA replacement. (They might not have any HD5970's, so you may get a HD6990). :)

Anyway, I hope it all goes well. :)

10. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

that would be nice then i could run a 6970 with it :D i wait with baited breath though from xfx ;)

xfx are messing me around asking me to test in another system hahaha, ****ing total idiot i told him i'd already tried everything and wanted to rma it, the 5850 works fine in this rig, plus i already did test in another rig, same issue.

Last edited: 28 May 2012
  11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Sounds like he's reading off a script...

Tell him, it's a known issue, as it's across the internet, and that you have sourced every fix going, with still no luck. So now it's time for a RMA. ;)

12. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

Last edited: 28 May 2012
  13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

So you should get your money back, and put it towards a newer card. Win Win:D

14. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

i hope so. ;)

15. Sirus_the_virus

Sirus_the_virus What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys, i came across this thread. I then did exactly what it said. I worked beautifully 800/1100. then tried the 900/1200. Crashed whenever i played games. I then went back to 800/1100 and it now it doesn't wanna work. My idle clock speeds aren't the same. 1GPU 157mhz/300mhz and 2GPU is 735mhz/1009mhz. How do i fix this? i tried flashing it so many times but still no result to make it work properly again. also now when i run 3dvantage it freezes at 800/1100. When i go back to stock speeds it workeds normally. Could someone maybe post there bios and i could try theirs.

Thanx In advance.

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Have you tried flashing it with the original vbios in post #1? Are you flashing the right GPU with the right vbios, so you know which one is Master and which is Slave? :)

17. WinnetouPL

WinnetouPL What's a Dremel?

Hay!
    Today's evening I have done my first footsteps at flashing new vBIOS, but unfortunately - without success.
    I have HIS 5970 graphic card, referent one and i have this terrible cold bug. Under stress it demands maximum cooling performance (4x120 1500rpm :(). It freezes over 33-36 degrees .
    I tried flashing that 950MHz BIOS. They are the same, only freq. are different?? I have also changed vendor info to 0x0000 - same as in my old one.
    After reboot I had standard VGA adapter and than I installed DD and CCC. As a result I got two 5900 series cards but one had limited performance (8 not 32 ROPs etc., no info about OpenCL or DirectCompute). I don't remember if the Crossfire option was turned on. Of course no display recognition: 800x600 resolution :(
    After complete removal of drivers I flashed the old BIOS. Standard VGA adapter also appeared. Since installation of DD, everything has become normal. What can cause the problem.
    I found only that the old BIOS has such SSIDs: 2542 (master), 2042 (slave) and the new one: C000 for BOTH. Can it be the reason?

Last edited: 12 Jun 2012
  18. WinnetouPL

Thx for help... Fortunately, there is a link (in the #1 post) to Sapphire's latest vBIOSes. Comparison: my old BIOS: 2009-10-23, all those OC: 2010-05-10!!!, Sapphire's: 2011-09-16. Those standard ones: S3C00001.OC8 and S3C00001.OC9 seems to work.

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That's funny, cause I used the latest Sapphires Vbios to create the OC vbios... Unless Sapphire only just released these Vbios. In which case, you would be right.

Anyway, if the Original Vbios works for you, I would stick with it. :)

20. WinnetouPL

Only original and without changing vendor info: for master it is the same as in my old one, but modifications of vendor for the slave makes the second GPU useless. No Crossfire etc. That's funny :)

But I have still this (cold?) bug. I am no longer sure that it is the bug... For sure my block is well connected to the card (all temps are correct and nearly the same).
    I use two stability checkers: :) World of Tanks (this game is not so well optimised and in it I had the most freezes) and Max Payne 3 (for the first time in my comp history I heard my PSU working). My comp still freezes in load: over 35-36 degrees (MP3), over 32-33 degrees (WoT) and mostly immediately in WoT (after OC 800/1100 (my mod of Sapphire BIOS), default voltages). No freezes if I increase fan speeds.
    Do U think that my GPU needs higher voltages than standard ones or I am just unlucky?