1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage HDD Installation issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Choaski, 9 Jun 2009.

1. Choaski

Choaski What's a Dremel?

Just brought a new HDD, after plugging everything in and getting ready to go, i tryed to load up windows but i come accross a problem :(

Windows apear's to load up fine but will stop just befor the login screen nothing happen's. (Not a black screen, windows Vista scnrren which apears just befor login)

HDD: Seagate 1.5TB Barracuda 7200.11 (7200RPM, 32MB Cache)

Not sure if any more infomation is needed, just ask if you do.

Thanks in advanced for help given.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2009
  2. Panther57

Panther57 AMD Dragon Fan.

I don't know if this will apply but a few months ago I helped a friend with his restore. He couldn't get it to finish the install. I tried and got the same results, it stopped at the windows boot up screen. It was his disc! There were scratches on his disc and it just wouldn't finish the install, but ran almost all of it. He got another operating system disc and did the restore.

After reading your problem I wondered if you might be having the same problem?

Hope it helps.

3. Choaski

Choaski What's a Dremel?

Oh sorry, i forgot to mention im adding to my current storage, this is my 4th HDD that will be in use. Adding the other 2, it was just plug and go, format in windows and then they worked with no hassle.

4. Choaski

Choaski What's a Dremel?

Just tryed Safe Mode but it also crash's mid loading.

BIOS does NOT auto detect the HDD but when i click [Not Deteced] it magically appears.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2009
  5. tictactoe

tictactoe What's a Dremel?

I'm sure there was a problem with some of the Seagate 1.5TB drives having a bad firmware, which made them unstable/unuseable. Check on the Seagate site to see if yours is one of the affected ones. Seagate should've recalled all affected stock really, tho' they did release an updated firmware that sometimes fixed the issues ,sometimes didn't!

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1368178

Should point you in the right direction. Good Luck