1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage HDD Prices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Behemoth, 21 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I do not work for any hardware company, distributor or shop. If you want to know my day job, i am a software developer, and probably less paid than a typical low-skill worker in west European country.

I just don't see the whole situation as you do, maybe because i seen this few times in past and i know the situation is not as simple as you try to show.

PS: I didn't have time to put you on the ignore list yet, but will put you there sooner or later.

2. Another_level

Another_level What's a Dremel?

I think that's the main problem here, Faugusztin, people assume to know what I thinking but in reality they really don't and what they are saying is really from their own perspective only.

Personally, I have only started on a basic level and hope to delve deeper into the facts and figures to get a true picture.

It doesn't bother me if I'm placed on your ignore list but one thing is certain - you've been outed and there'll be more to follow soon.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Care to explain ? All you will be able to find out about me that i am indeed who i claim to be.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2011
  4. Another_level

I believe there are a number of individuals who are making up stuff as they go along and they will be identified in due course.

I think once the level of debate reaches a more detailed basis ie supply volumes mapped out, figures calculated to show profit margins, etc then it should be easy to work out who is profiteering.

5. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Lol inspecter morse chill out. Your gonna put all the figures together! You don't have access to the figures. As I said a million times it doesn't matter how much margin you put on if you not got any hdd your not profiteering. Tell me how the distribution channel are profiteering? Did we put our cost price up 5 times yeah? Moron! And come talk to my face you keyboard warrior prat

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

+1

Can this thread die now please? It's getting tiresome and all this ranting wont change the facts that HDD's cost 3-4 times more than they used too and will continue to for the next few months.

@Another_level:

Grow up. deal with it. Move on.

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram, as it really don't matter and no body cares anymore.

7. Another_level

I grew up in a rough part of South London and I know you can't do nothing. In fact I think you're pathetic individual who needs to go back to school to learn how to write properly.

8. Another_level

I suggest you speak to your boyfriend first about his behaviour before ranting at me.

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Not ranting, stating facts.

10. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Oh the ironing!

(I assume that's a general Internet meme, not just specific to one forum...)

If there's one golden rule to being a grammar nazi, it's to not screw up your grammar/spelling/syntax when participating in said act...

11. Lord-Vale3

Lord-Vale3 His Tremendousness

I think that its hilarious that this troll mixes nonsense with elitism.

*Bows to the clearly intellectually superior level of tremendousness*

*Pukes*

12. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

This guy is nearly as good as Chap! Remember Chap?!

13. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

I dont remember anyone who doesnt speak in a streetwise manner.

14. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

No longweight. Another_level is like a whole new anti relix.

And seriously, when putting together a reasoned debate, you should never resort to:

a) saying someone is stupid and needs to be re-educated
    b) saying someone should discuss it with their boyfriend.

May I recommend you learn how to debate? And please don't pull the "me vs. The world" card. That's really quite pathetic.

Whilst I do believe that prices may be slightly inflated, its not anywhere near as much as another level claims.

At the moment, the main production area of Krung Thap (an anglicisation of the real name of bangkok /useless fact) has been evacuated = less supply of many goods, so price rise.

And I think another_level, you fail to realise the difficulty of making a HDD. The motors have to be among the highest quality, and everything must be very precise. I wouldn't have been surprised if before the floods, most manufacturers would have used a loss-leader business model, thus making them comparatively cheap.

And we now realise it. Most people put up with it. But this isn't shameless profiteering - its the effect of a large natural disaster. Imagine if there was a large earthquake in an industrial area in china - there would be enormous repercussions.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2011
  15. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

May be worth actually reading the page on scan, as it actually explains why every site in Thailand is in trouble.

And scan have also explained nicely the impact it will have on them with:

"In order for us to protect our business, and therefore the jobs of our employees, we must maintain our position to be able to manufacture and supply our range of Multi-Award Winning 3XS Systems.

As a result of this, we must restrict the sales of Hard Disk Drives to ensure we have drives with which to populate Systems sold, therefore the sale of Hard Disk Drives will be, for the time being, and until such times as we are able to relax the restriction, will be limited to 1 (ONE) Hard Drive Per Order"

I.e. with No HD's they go bankrupt as they cant build PC's so they have to restrict the sale of what ever HD's they do have, so they can sell PC's, that’s pretty much the case for all the PC system builders who also sell parts in the world (except China, as we have been told).

Note any spelling mistakes, grammar or others errors either made by me or Scan want change the facts.

Also may be worth noting the purpose of the Bit-Tech forum, we are a bunch of guys/ girls who help each other by asking and answering each others questions, with the purpose of either saving each others time, money or helping to get the best out of the PC hardware we have.

16. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Christ it all kicked off in here when i was asleep ! What i miss, what i miss :O

17. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

18. Another_level

19. Another_level

Actually Rob I gain most of my knowledge from financial websites where they already have the same articles on the Scan website plus many more. I'm able to analyse information which is why my understanding about the problems in Thailand is so different to other forum members. Their comments are based on their inability to understand the numbers and the wider picture. But that happens when you get most of your understanding from people like Rob the bank, Faugusztin and Yeoo.

And no Rob, not every site in Thailand is flooded. I'm know for sure you don't know the full facts.

20. Another_level

Blazza, if you read the thread properly then you will discover they started with the insults first. But since they continued with the insults then I had every right to retaliate.

I suggest you direct your comments to the main culprits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.