1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage HDD Prices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Behemoth, 21 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Yup little man who in real life is nothing, so comes on here trying to be something. Hence i said lets go talk in the real world out of his fantasy land.

2. Another_level

Another_level What's a Dremel?

Yeoo needs to work on his communication skills and learn to accept that other people will be more informed and with greater analytical skills.

3. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

I have reported the thread, as I feel that several posts have become destructive with the amount of personal insults and abuse being thrown around. It doesn't matter which post I reported, only that I want new members to find a safe place to find and discuss information, whatever their opinions.

rob the bank likes this.
  4. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

The sooner this thread is closed, the better. +Rep (when I get to a PC)

5. Another_level

There is no need for the thread to be closed at all. As Debs rightfully pointed out is that the discussion should be a place where new members can discuss matters without fearing foul language and abuse. If you don't want to take an active healthy part in discussion then you know where the door is.

6. Blazza181

Yeah, but the karma in this thread isn't right.

:worried:

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaaaand, I'm spent.

8. Another_level

True, which is why Yeoo needs to work on his communication skills.

This is a discussion forum and there will be times when people would disagree. However, Yeoo has been throwing abuse from an early stage just because I refused to listen to him. This is wholly unacceptable.

I'm surprise he hasn't been banned for excessive foul language.

9. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

Just to add the only reason tech companies say there operating loss leaders is due to research and development costs associated with that item.

Like the engineering taken to produce a Bugatti veyron means each one cost VW about £5million so by selling them at £1million they can claim there using a loss leader. This however doesn't account for total sales of all products in that range. E.g veyron toys

A loss leader is best shown in a supermarket where the essentials like bread and milk are located furthest from the main enterence so people have time to get attracted to other products in there store. This textbook example doesn't work with hard drives. It would be like saying my Samsung hard drive is really good so I'll get a Samsung tv.

Just my opinion nothing more ...
    On the other hand

Also we know there are machines that are custom built for making the spindle motors. If not then there wouldn't be more then one major supplier in the world and we wouldn't hear about drivers going into the factory to collect equiptment. It must take a certain amount of skill etc. so the research and development to create the unit must have been quite large thus arguing the 2nd meaning for a loss leader.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2011
  10. Lukefreeman

Lukefreeman What's a Dremel?

Hi, hard drives are slightly expensive these days, I assume one can just rip an external drive open to use instead can't they?

11. Blazza181

Most certainly can, brother of Gordon.

12. Lukefreeman

Lukefreeman What's a Dremel?

Hahaha.

That was the reason I specced my first build up as well.

Off topic, I know, but when's episode 3 out?!

13. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Or the fact from early on you have been accusing me and my industry of lying and ripping people off. Insulting my intelligence and constantly suggesting im evil. Now your trying to play the nice guy etc.. call me a idiot and ill tell you where to get off! And if people want to ban me then fine. I come on here and give advice etc you sign up and just cause aggro trolling if they rather you than me then ill gladly be off to another forum where genuine members are valued and Trolls are removed.

And accept other [people are better informed? yes your more informed by Google than i am from Seagate, WD etc.. The reps that do a floor walk once a week know less than some blogger on the internet right. You need to accept it not me.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2011
  14. Another_level

True, I don't believe the distribution channels stance on the HDDs situation. But swearing, hurling abuse or bullying from the start isn't going to change my views. This is a public forum and you have to accept that people's views will be different to yours.

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Valve doesn't make games with number 3 in name.

16. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

No you ask questions then ignore the answer...infuriating..now find a new play ground

17. Arednel

Arednel What's a Dremel?

I've reported posts in here several times. Hopefully they'll do something soon.

18. Arednel

Arednel What's a Dremel?

You were the person threatening people. This is bigger than prices to ourselves. This is having adverse effects on thousands if not millions of lives in Thailand.

19. Another_level

I've no need to threaten anyone and Arednel you shouldn't be making things up.

20. Blazza181

I love it when a group of guys burst out into mass debating.

/dirty pun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.