1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HDMI Premium Xbox 360 confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Aug 2007.

1. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'm surprised that more people aren't pleased with the announcment, I mean they could have just left HDMI to the elite, its good that all the machines are getting it, I know my 360 doesn't look as crisp at 1080p as my PS3 does due to analog v digital so this HDMI lark is a welcome introduction, get your 360s on ebay before the price drop with the odd lame game and you'll get enough dosh to pretty much cover the new one, mine went for £245 the other day.

2. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I wonder if they will start sending back HDMI models for people who send in their dead 360's. I got the RROD yesterday, it would be pretty sweet if I got an HDMI one as a replacement. THe only thing I dont like about the HDMI port ont he 360 is that they don't have a seperate output for audio. I would rather have my audio going straight from my system to my receiver than through my TV then to my receiver.

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Why would HDMI matter vs. VGA? Is there really THAT much of a difference (only of course if you have like a $5000+ TV could you probably tell a difference)?

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Much like DVI vs VGA once you go to higher res VGA/Component doesn't look as good.

5. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Considering that I said that people would only buy the Elite because of the bigger included hard drive (HD) and black finish, I think that I remembered that it is black and its got a bigger hard drive. Read the posts before commenting on them.

Personally I don't see much point in HDMI for some people. I think it would be quite useful if they actually put a DVI port on it aswell. A lot of gamers have their 360's by their PCs. But, HDMI is a great way, obviously, to minimize cables around your TV.

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I thought Component could reach just as high of resolutions as DVI/HDMI?

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It can, but there's a problem in the 360 analogue output, it won't work over component (major design flaw) but works fine over VGA

8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

1080p over component works fine on 360 .

9. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Not on my 2405, at least not last time I tried.

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Your 2405 (which was mine :lol: ) does not support 1080p over component but the Xbox does.

11. best49erfan

best49erfan What's a Dremel?

I "upgraded" from the Premium to the Elite for the HDMI because I already had the HD DVD drive and my TV would not do 1080p over component. I sold my premium to a friend for less than a new one, so i got some of my money back and he got what he wanted.

Tags: Add Tags