1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other HDMI - Slow handshake

Discussion in 'General' started by Scroome, 16 Jul 2012.

1. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Hey Guys,

I've been using my PC and consoles through my Samsung tv for the last couple of years without any hitches (all use hdmi), but recently I've been encountering an issue.

Last month I moved. Once there I set everything back up exactly as it was before, turned the PC on and everything was fine. When I tried flipping it over to the Xbox, it took a good 15 seconds for the HDMI to switch over. It also happened when it flipped over to the PS3. Also, when shutting the consoles down it sometimes refuses to switch back to the PC, unless I unplug the cable connected to the console

It's been like this for about a month, and I've tried almost verything I can think of. I've tried swapping the cables around, getting a new cable to try and looking at my tv settings. I'm stumped.

Does anyone know why this could have happened, and any remedies that I could try?

Thanks all

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Screen resolutions are unchanged?

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Hmmm, good idea. I know the PC res is still the same, but the console output may be different. Now you mention it, if I put my pc to HDMI slot 2 instead of slot 1, it does give me totally different resolution options in the control panel. Do you think they could be connected?

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Probably. My plasma TV (an ancient decade-old Phillips) takes ages to change resolution.

5. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

ANALOGUE Cheesecake :D

6. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

My TV does the same when switching between sources - Sky box and Media centre - I've not been able to solve it in 2 years - something to do with HDCP I think.

7. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I was thinking of doing a factory reset on the tv. Also, do you think it might be worth backing up the data on my consoles and doing clean resets on those also?

It could just be an age thing, but I just find it so odd that it only started playing up after I moved house. The T.V is also only three years old.

8. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

did you connect your devices up EXACTLY as before i.e. not in different HDMI slots ?

9. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I think so, yeah.

Both Xbox and PS3 were set to 1080P anyhow. Would it make a difference if they were say in opposing slots?

Also, does anyone know why my PC seems to have no problem switching to hdmi, only the consoles do?