1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V hdmi sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andsaw, 2 Feb 2009.

1. andsaw

andsaw What's a Dremel?

hi all, i have a soundblaster live SB0060 that im trying to get audio through to my lg 42pg6000 tv via palit 9500gt super+1gb, i have connected the audio pass through cable that come with the graphics card to the sound cards spdif hoping the audio would come down the hdmi cable with picture as well but im not getting any sound also im not sure which is red and black pins in spdif on sound card, i even tried using both hdmi-dvi and normal hdmi connectors on the tv, or would i be better of using my onboard hd audio and connect to the m/board spdif again im not sure which to which pins to connect to my m/board is asus p5kc any help on this would be great no probs with cable as it worked on dvd recorder with audio and picture,thanks.

2. tommythetim

tommythetim c'mon the hoops

Make sure you change sound properties from 'speakers' to 'Digital Output Device (HDMI)' when you use sound through the LG and unfortunately you can only have 1 or other on, not both.

Hope this helps with testing