1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heatsink shopping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jiffey, 11 Oct 2001.

1. Jiffey

Jiffey What's a Dremel?

I'm thinking about getting a new heatsink to keep my temps down, and possibly o/c later on. I'm using an AMD t-bird 1.1 on a kt7a-raid mobo. I don't really care on the cost, but the lower the better. Which heatsink would work best for my setup and stay within the weight limit? Noise isn't really a concern, either.

2. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

Alpha ;)

shame u can only buy from OcUK -> look at PCPZ quiet cou cooling guide ;)

unless you want a jetcool (higer temps)

3. ChriX

ChriX ^

well, any moderatley good heatsink will work ok in your situation. How about a Thermoengine with delta fan or a Thermalright SK6, if you check the poll at the top of this forum, you can see that most people have Taisol heatsinks.

-c

4. ChriX

ChriX ^

The alphas are also very good as long as they fit your motherboard...

5. Lordflash

Lordflash What's a Dremel?

Never like putting alphas on abit mobos as the capacitors are alittle to close for my likeing get a thermo engine (resonable performace for the money) and put a better fan on it than the stander one provided. Deltas are a bit noisy having side that ive got 6 of them in me case good job the case is in the next room. Having said that the other half thinks world war 3 is kicking off when i turn the fan bus up. And my ikle cousin thinks its sounds like a jet figter :rofl: but at the end of the day what ever you chose youll have to comprimise between noise and performance with an air cooled system

6. Lordflash

Lordflash What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the spelling i typed that reply really quick :)

7. Jiffey

Jiffey What's a Dremel?

hmm

Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't see anything called alpha for sale? I looked at tekheads and overclock.co.uk . My case temps are fine, about 27-29C all the time. I just wanna buy one really good heatsink/fan combo for my cpu to keep it down. How much would the shipping be to the US?

8. ChriX

ChriX ^

9. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

Re: hmm

www.plycon.com is usa based

10. Jiffey

Jiffey What's a Dremel?

thx

Thanks for the feedback, looks like I'll get my stuff from the us site (Alpha and a delta maybe) Can someone give me a pic of how tight the squeeze is for the alpha on the kt7a-raid? Also, do I need to get Arctic Silve II or anything like that?

11. Gandi69

Gandi69 Like to get busy wit fizzy..

Get a Taisol 760 or 742. I have a 742 on a Celeron 900@972 and it runs at 26°C - 30°C.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2001