1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Heaven & Hell - www.tinytomlogan.co.uk

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tinytomlogan, 25 Feb 2008.

1. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Very nice work, I love the contrast on the case with that red laser LED (plus now that I see it...what company is it from, all the ones I see have an orangish glow...?"
    Oh and before I forget... Subscribed =D

2. marcus000

marcus000 Watercooling Mad

They aren't laser LED's.... they are bike lights that he has put in just to give an idea of what he is hoping to acheive. :wallbash:

3. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

Not got much done in the last few days, did get the 7900GT and waterblock that I bought off of OC-Master though, so the other evening I set about putting abit of life back in to the water block as it needed a damn good clean and spruce up!

Before the comments about the low spec GPU this will not be my gaming rig so this GPU is actually overkill!

Had to get this pic off of OC-M as I forgot to take one before I started DOH! :oops:
    [​IMG]

Got the vinega and my missus tooth brush out of the bathroom and set to scrubbing....

[​IMG]

Once the grime was off I needed to get rid of the dark tarnish of the block so I thought Id try T-Cut, its got a low abrasive in it and it came up great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I was there the acrylic top had alot of little scratches making it dull so used more T-Cut on that and its now like new!

[​IMG]

After cleaning the block again with Articlean 1 + 2 to get rid of any residue I nailed the old girl back together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now fully assembled.......

[​IMG]

Should be moving quickly with this now, just got a couple of bits Im waiting for from Marcus then Im in full build mode :D

4. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

WOW, that came up a treat :)
    I look forward so seeing some coolant going through it :)

5. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

wow ... that block really did need a cleaning job and the end result
    is great ......... almost like new again :thumb:

Alan

6. tinytomlogan

Right things have been abit slow due to work being abit metal at the moment but heres what Ive managed to do in between drinking sessions this weekend....... :shock:

For starters there was afew bits I needed to braid so here comes the chromyness

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I aslo needed to paint my rad to match the case.
    I ignored some silly requests to paint it red though (You know who you are :twisted: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With that all nice and WHITE I thought Id bug it in to give you guys an idea before I go putting any acrylic in there.
    Im really liking the way its shaping up now :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for now, Im off to do some more acrylic work.

Think I may have to get a psu in there and light it up.......?

7. tinytomlogan

Right the updates will come as fast as I can be bothered to write them now, because Im sat beside Heaven & Hell at the moment using it!
    I stripped my old rig down to build the xeons into it as my new download rig as I needed all the H&H parts to do mocks ups.
    Ive not updated since due to not having all the software ect I needed and being to lazy to install it all.

So we are upto gettiing all the parts together now and and getting it all in the case.

First things first the HDD caddy and the front 120mm fan mount needed sorting.

Spanking gorgeous white fans all braided and lovely :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the fans in the caddy and the mount....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I was waiting for a while to get going with this as boy wonder had some hold ups with a case being delivered, which was due to be powdered white. I threw a grill and a mesh bezel at him to get done at the same time. Cheers MONKEY BOY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right a quick mock up in and this is what the front is going to look like. Im really loving the white look........ =D>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was also waiting for my 2nd white grill from Robin Boy Wonder so I got that modded and in the case too.
    I wasnt sure if I was going to 'stealth' the res's but now Ive seen this Ive got a fair idea that when this is all lit up its going to look the nuts so Ive decided to keep them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I like the grills its time to start getting the acrylic in, its been ready for ages but Ive not able to do any thing with it.

BRING ON THE MIRRORS!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now Ive fitted the floor panel loads of tmes in the case but on the final mock up the dam leg that goes round the drive bays cracked :cry:
    Im gutted, but tbh its got to stay, its took me hours to file and shape that one and it will have to stay for now :-k

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways after that little cry I took some pics of the top section with all thw mirrors in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still got to order my psu but I fitted the lower floor mirror, the first set of fans and the rad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok thats it for this update folks......... What do you think so far?

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Very nice. No grills or filters on the bottom fans then?

9. tinytomlogan

They are blowing out of the case matey, not into the case.

May fit some later on the top when I get bored of cleaning the dust!

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I like the white with mirrors. It's going to look super clean!

11. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

Yeah, this case reminds me of a clean-room, I love it! :thumb:

12. tinytomlogan

Right Im sat here with a cuppa and I thought Id update again before getting lost in GTA4.

Start off with the mobo, P5K prem going in this awesome mobo for the money such a good clocker.
    Ive got full mobo water blocks going in so had to get rid of the oem heatsinks.

[​IMG]

No mobo with all the blocks on.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to mod the SB block slightly to miss the caps nets to it so the file had to come out for that!
    My PC room looked a tip doing all this had to get a pic!

[​IMG]

Now where Im running 2 res one for return and one for pump feed with a join in between theres not alot of room at the top of the case so hosing it was a nightmare, this is the best Ive been able to get it, cant really think of it any other way?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only afew more tiny things to get done then Ill be posting the finished pics!

Ive got afew certain custom stainless steel laser cut goodies to find a home for, fill and leak test then shes done!

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Very Nice. I would have used less tubing though with the MOSFTETS and chipset pluming.

14. widmod

widmod Minimodder

nice tubing but whats the sense of 2 conected reses?

15. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Looks great! It's so refreshing seeing cases with white interiors once in a while.. my only gripe is that you didn't post this log earlier, it would have brightened the darkness of winter here in Sweden. <=D

@widmod: I'm by no means sure, but my guess is that since there was two fan holes in the top of the case to begin with, he put one res in each so both fan/res holes would look the same from the outside with the case light on.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2008
  16. tinytomlogan

Spot on with the res's you will see why with the final pics........ The top of the case looking at the res's is my favorate part! :D

17. DoOb's

DoOb's Overclocker/Modder

Wow Sick PAINT JOB, really F**kin sick, Absolutely love it, the loop is mental aswell, one freaking wicked case IMO....

Question: Is that powder coated or enamel sprayed.

Otherwise, dam keep up the superb work.

DoOb's

Still need to get my case finished.

18. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

it's powder coated :p

19. tinytomlogan

Thinking about selling the complete any one interested?

20. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

May i ask why?
    Youve put in all that work to sell it? :O

Tags: