1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO from Canada!

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 24 Oct 2004.

1. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

After 7 1/2 hours I have finally arrived in Canada! Yep, weather like England, everything else looks like America.

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow bit-techers, got free internet in the hotel, currently downloading lots of games at 550kbps!

So, anyone got any suggestions on places I should visit? Going up the CN tower when the weather's better!

Gotta go and have a great time!! :rock:

2. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

congrats... dont forget to change your location in your profile ;)

3. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

are you planning on making it out west?

4. MrWillyWonka

not too far out, but a bit yea

5. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

You should come down to Texas while you're here... hell, you've already made the long part, might as well go all the way...

6. karma

karma What's a Dremel?

CN tower = Chinese tower?
    u like China? why don't u come to visit China, I would like be ur guider.

7. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

well done, I stayed in canada for 6 months last year and it was without a doubt the best time of my life so great to be away from blighty(much as i love the place) i can't really recommend anywhere (was in the butt-**** of nowhere)but winnipeg was pretty cool the times i went also make sure and get yourself a bottle of rye - it'll bring out the caveman in you and you'll roam around going ug alot - also i really recommend going for a walk at 3am looking for your mate wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a pair o jeans inthe middle of december... its not chilly in the slightest... honest... :worried:

8. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Umm, where in Canada? Because despite some narrow American views, Canada has MORE THAN ONE BLOODY CITY! "Oh yeah, goin to Canada eh, meet you at city centre!" :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, welcome to the boonies ehh!

9. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

CN Tower and Niagra Falls are a must if your in / near Toronto. I was in Canada 5 years ago and it was the best holiday I've ever been on.

10. MrWillyWonka

forogt to mention im in toronto! 8 floors up and a nice view of the city! its 06.29am and i've been up since 6, went to bed at 9 last night, the time is confusing me a bit. :confused:

we're going on a chopper ride over niagra falls on wednesday, hope the weathers nice, and i saw the bottom of the CN tower, the top was covered in clouds, got on the net, and realised i only saw about 1/20th of the tower! the other 19/20th is in clouds!

breakfast now...

11. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Don't know much about Toronto really. My sister lives just North-East of you in Montreal though. If you head up that way you should give me a shout and I'll tell you some sites to go to. :thumb:

Malfoleo - I know many things about Canada and realize there are many cities. I'm more familiar with the Quebec province since we studied it in French class though. My sister even invited me up when I turned 18 so I could drink legally, hehe. Go Canada (Quebec anyway) :D .

Last edited: 25 Oct 2004
  12. MrWillyWonka

Whats the legal drinking age in canada 18 or 21? and we want to go to NY state for a bit, but we're not sure about US customs, what do u think, what do we need? etc

13. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

that was quite impressive.. CN tower to invite to china in one sentence :)

14. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

NY Pwns. But its a 21 Drinking age. :wallbash:

15. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

It varies by province. Quebec, Alberta, and another one have a drinking age of 18, the others are 19 iirc.

16. GlassX

GlassX What's a Dremel?

yee haw! Toronto, *points at my location*.

Honestly theres not alot to do here, just good computer prices on stuff... Go downtown to the waterfront, CN tower, um, visit me... Ill be your guide!

Like I said, not alot to do here... PM me if you get bored!

19 drinking age, and you cant get booked for having small amounts of weed on ya :p

17. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

greetings from across the body of water you look out upon. Look out on a clear day, if you get one - cudos for you for coming in october; fog season and early snowfall - and look for a bridge spanning the lake, I am in the city at the leftmost (southern) edge; Hamilton.

OR

Do you smell that? no not that, but when the wind is coming from the south-west take a good whif, and if you cough; that came from Hamilton, or possibly a passing tractor-trailer(articulated lorry).

If you get the chance to visit Ottawa, take a couple hours to pass into the gateneau valley (quebec) for their "festival of Fall colours" The largest Urban Park in canada - built on an escarpment, and open year round for tourists - is a pretty cool sight, as are the cat condos at parliament hill, theyve been there longer than most of our politicians. Though that is a 4 or 5 hour drive from toronto. Myself I am one to one-half hour south. The CN (Canadian National) Tower - the worlds largest freestanding structure has a restaurant at the doughnut, serves pretty good food too I hear. I'd say check out a game at the ACC but... Even without the strike that would only be the make me laughs.

Also some of the cheapest prices for computer components are in markham at "tiger direct"

18. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

hey! hope you have a great time there .

im so jealous :p

19. GlassX

GlassX What's a Dremel?

Dont make me stab you :p from past experience stay away from tiger direct... Occasionally they have good prices on stuff, *after rebate. Hehe.

Anything they offer you can get cheaper here: www.icct.ca and www.infonec.com (theres locations downtown) (btw, dont trust prices on the site, call)

-enjoy Toronto!

20. MrWillyWonka

Had a fab time so far, a chopper ride over niagra falls was amazing, and the meal at the top of the CN tower is just beautiful, but it set us back over $1000! (£450). By the eaton centre in Toronto I spotted this this, so I got my camera out and captured it, this'll teach people not to trust M$...

[​IMG]

A M$ error on the giant tv screen!