1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'General' started by Creative¢ÀDwarf, 20 Oct 2003.

1. Creative¢ÀDwarf

Creative¢ÀDwarf What's a Dremel?

Well I'm new to the forum and to mods too. I joined this forum to learn new stuff. I'm 15 and from Canada. So I wanna start my first project here is what I wanna do. I got a 1000 mhz computer starting to bore me (the design and components) so why not make it my first mod project and update it in the same time. What I wanna know before I start is professionals advices from you guys and what I need like materials then I'll buy all my stuff and I'll start my project.

I also wanna say that you guys make extremely cool mods and projects. :rock:

CreativeDwarf :clap:

2. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

hi, and welcome to the forums, have a nice stay :)

3. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Hello, welcome!

The first person to turn this into a spam fest like the last few "Hi I'm new" messages will be punished... :nono:
    you have been warned...

*looks at Lorquis.... I mean it.

4. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

i wouldnt really call upgrading your computer a mod as such.

Otherwise i would be the king of mods :D

But sounds good either way.

oh and Welcome!

5. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Welcome to Bit-Tech Creative¢ÀDwarf :thumb:

6. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

I had same idea as you at one stage upgrade my old pc, so I bought a new case new motherboard new cpu (needed new ram), hdd was bottleneck, gfx was bottleneck, cooling was inadequate, cd-rom wasnt quick enough, sound was cack, monitor looked out of place.

So about 3 months after I decided to upgrade my computer I turned out having all brand new bits and £1000 less in bank :( its addictive, dont start (well do) unless you mean to carry on :D

That said I couldn't think of anything better to spend it on (except maybe nice cars and fast women, or is it fast cars and nice women :D).

7. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

8. Creative¢ÀDwarf

Well what I want to do is to upgrade my computer in the same time I want t omod my old case, monitor, keyboard and mouse. That's what I want to do....so any advices, useful materials to mod...

As for the money I have like 2000-2500$ cdn to spend on my material and new updates for my computer...

Thanks,

CreativeDwarf

Last edited: 20 Oct 2003
  9. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Hello, have fun with your modding, buy a dremel (or similiar) and cut holes in stuff - I did my first today and it's most satisfying!

:dremel: :dremel: :dremel:

10. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

welcome onboard Creative¢ÀDwarf!

On a side note, I think it's time to create an introductions forum where newcomers can post an introduction of themselves, these posts are becoming more and more common ending up as spamfests. :eyebrow:

11. Creative¢ÀDwarf

You can close them when it's becoming a spamfest :thumb:

/do not close this one yet, thanks :grr:

CreativeDwarf

Last edited: 20 Oct 2003
  12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Everytime I hear something like this, I think of that Monty Python spam song :D

Welcome [copy][paste]Creative¢ÀDwarf to the hobby that will completely eliminate all of your free time! ;)

13. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Maybe you should just have a gigantic welcome page with welcome comments and... Balloons and stuff when you register. Then there would be no potential spam traps... :D

Anyway, welcome. Generally the only tools I use are a dremel and a soldering iron. Well... Maybe a screw driver but you should have those by default =). As for materials, thats your choice. You can use metal, acrylic, animal hides, whatever ya want. Dig through the Project Logs forum and get some inspiration.

14. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

spam fest whats that then would it go something like

spam spam spam spam spam

anyway anoying :: phat :: asside and his new spider

Welcome ot these lovely boards, we are all nice ppl ecept a rare few but they have been banned so your ok. Hope you put in as much knowledge as you take out and have a jolly old time.

Toodle pip :D

15. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Welcome!! and yes u need a dremel.!! everyone does. I need one, my cat needs one... Well maybe not may cat :blush: You want a new pc and want to mod to boot. Thats admirable. I say spend around 1700ish on the parts for the PC and about the other on tools and mod supplies unless u can get the 2500 then go about 2200 with rest for mods. :thumb:

A idea for a computer(courtesy of Mr.Biggs and newegg.)

Linkie

16. Creative¢ÀDwarf

Ok after some posts I get the point of materials: dremel, soldering iron and the rest are by default. But the project itself what I wanna do is:

mod my case= (new fans or other cooling options, painting it (what the best paint for the case), add some design (window, neons inside) and other stuff I'll think off)

monitor= just paint it matching with the case

keyboard and mouse= painting and add some light

And for the updates well theres nothing to say might need some help to install them but thats something else :D

Well that would be it for NOW...It's gonna be my first mod what do you want....Answer the questions I asked for the painting, the design and give me some good sites I can order painitings and materials/components.

I appreaciate you help guys,

CreativeDwarf

17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

dremels
    jigs saws
    roto zips are all good tools to use to mod with they all have there unique abilitys and if you own all :D then you are sorted but the most versatile tool is the good old fashioned Dremel

If your gonna get a clone get a B&D they tend to be quite good mine is out standing :D or if you can afford that little bit extra get the Dady of dremels the Dremel lol :D have fun and make sure as soon as it comes out the box plug it in a crissen it by cutting something up say the box :D

18. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Paint depends on the surface your going to paint on. Keyboards, mice and monitors are plastic where as your case is (most likely) a type of metal (thats usually painted over). There are paints specifically designed for plastics and others designed for metals. You'll also want a clear lacquer to put on top of the paint (makes it shiny and protects it). You also need sandpaper if you're going to be painting.

Since I don't live in Canada I'm not sure what stores carry up there, so I'll leave that to a Canadian forum member to answer =P. Just remember you want paint specific to the material your applying it to. I use to have a link to a good painting guide for a computer case... I'll post it if I find it.

19. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Hey, welcome To Bit-tech. Nice to see a fellow canuck :rock:

20. TITAN

TITAN What's a Dremel?

Welcome to BT Creative¢ÀDwarf.

Perhaps you could start us off with a list of what yu DO have. That would give a good jumping off place for upgrade suggestions. :idea: