1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Hello Rioters...

Discussion in 'General' started by Margo Baggins, 11 Aug 2011.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Hello Rioters. Look at your friend, now back to me. Now at your friend, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped using petrol bombs and started using job centre he could potentially be me. Look down, back up. Where are we? You're at an interview with the man your friend could work for. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's an application form to that job you need. Look again. The form is now money. Anything is possible when you get a job and stop looting.

I'm at my job.

(If old spice did pro-works adverts!)

mr00Awesome, klaxxon, Claave and 17 others like this.
  2. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Hehe, have some rep for giving me a chuckle. Makes a change from the usual anger I've had over anything and everything riot related these past few days :rolleyes:

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

been unemployed for a year now... i find the fact that you think that looking at the jobcentre once gets you a job. far from it, as there are NO jobs unless you have years of experiences.

5. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Indeed, getting a job is pretty hard if life hasn't been all that nice to you.

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

NO Jobs? How have nearly all of my friends picked up work in the last year? Not degree related work just general jobs for a bit of money.

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

and here we go

8. longweight

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Agree with this. It's total ******** to say there are NO jobs. What is there are jobs which you deem unworthy of your, clearly, insurmountable talent. :rolleyes:

Even if it's filling bags of gravel at a builders merchants on piece work, there are jobs there. You just can't be arsed to do them.

10. Seeks

Seeks Minimodder

Can I point out that even if they didnt have a job, its hardly an excuse for what they are doing? I think they interviewed one of them and the gist of it was that he could afford the stuff but "who could pass up an oppertunity to get stuff free"... You can blame it on not having a job if you want, but thats not the reason. Currently (according to gov stats) there are thousands without jobs and yet for the most part its only a few hundred here and there, while everyone else looks on in disgust at them.

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Can we just read the paragraph and laugh, clap and give rep for it? Rather than start a debate?...

12. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Sorry - this was light hearted!

I know finding a job is hard - Sorry i didnt try to cause offense! But, I am also in the believing there is plenty of jobs out there. When i moved last year, I took a pay cut of about half my salary, just to keep earning money - Wasnt a job I wanted, but it meant i could pay my rent and still eat! And now off the back of that I have a great job - So it shows that anything can happen.

I would take minimum wage over the doll. I would take flyering at anti-social hours over the doll. I think i would probably (though its never come down to this) clean toilets over the doll. I once folded boxes as a job - that was probably one of my highlights. Folding boxes, 8 hours a day, for minimum wage. WIN.

And - there is always job - always - TELESALES!

13. longweight

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Oh what a load of shite! Having been unemployed and had to look for work within the last 18 months I can tell you that NOBODY without a third level degree MINIMUM, gets ANY choice in what work they do now, unless they strike gold. Due to this fact I have worked in, catering, PR, IT, cust. service, retail and last but not least a brief stint in sales. All of this before my 20th birthday. They employ you, have a bad month, let you go, stop hiring, move to next job available, rinse and repeat until there are none left.

Some people need to get a good old grip on their heads and pull them out of their arses, i'm sick of hearing people bitch and moan about the 'benefit scrounging yobbos' there are people out there that genuinely need those benefits yet they are still made to feel guilty for taking them to LIVE ON.

Given the chance, ability or resources these people would more than likely be happy to go around giving back every penny to the tax payer, I know I would have.

G0UDG likes this.
  15. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

pfft not here we cant

Carrie likes this.
  16. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

You, dear, talk a great big pile of POO.

It has nothing to do with deeming a job unworthy, I guarantee you now if i applied for a job cleaning toilets I would not get it, because if just one person out of everyone who applies happens to have cleaned a toilet before, BINGO - that job is theirs. It is an employers market at the moment and unfortunately that means experience/giving your mates nephew a go is reigning king in many areas.

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

There are a load of jobs out there. I've found a few in my town.

Yes, some of them are total shite, but fast food chains are usually always hiring, give them a shot.

18. Psycho

Psycho Average

From laughs to debate

[​IMG]

mars-bar-man likes this.
  19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Your statement is hilarious but ultimately irrelevant, you were never in here in the first place! :hehe:

20. Psycho

Psycho Average

But it has all been archived so that the non-FBI can read all that you say.