1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Hello Rioters...

Discussion in 'General' started by Margo Baggins, 11 Aug 2011.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I havent pointed the finger at anyone saying people have been saying they're unemployed - I was saying that the point of the thread has changed somewhat from what i had intended. And then offering my condolences to those with no jobs. And then just spoke some words about what i would do if i was unemployed :)

2. Canon

Canon Reformed

Oh well, I guess it has run it's course now anyway.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Some serious people management skills needed, working in a chippy:

"The candidate will be highly motivated to work long and irregular hours dealing with drunk, stoned, provocative and/or argumentative customers in an environment containing boiling oil." :p

In the 90's. And thank you, that's a lovely river. :)

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
    thats the most awesome thing ive seen all week ^_^

5. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

there are plenty of jobs, it's just some people are fussy about the job they do.

i got made redundant twice in one year, 2nd time within 3 months of the first. i had some time off work due to an operation on my knee, and decided to start my own business, with no funds i hasten to add.

i am not rich, well i m, but in name only, lol, if i haven't got the money for something, i don't get it, or if it's not too much, but i can pay back later, i will use credit card. i don't go out and steal it because everyone else is doing it.

i like the ops post, it was very much an old spice moment.

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

Well in the sake of resurrecting the OP's intentions..

[​IMG]

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You think so? I'm not sure we've heard the end of it. Maybe, now that they've started making arrests, but somehow I think there's more.

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Yeah that could be true, and personally I can see one or two 'example' punishments being handed out and the rest being underwhelming which may or may not inspire some bright young spark to start messing around again. I hope not though.

10. ryan498

ryan498 What's a Dremel?

I've managed to get about 4 months ago and now my girlfriend has been able to get a job this week, doesnt seem that hard. Seeing as though me and her have not had any experience and these are our first jobs :)

I'm sure there is a job out there for anyone .. even if it is low paid.

11. rayson

rayson Damn sure it was legal

:waah::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:i must be dumb i got 2 A* in my gcse's and still haven't got a job. well i don't try hard but i'm not going to apply for **** / beacuse i already have the shitest one in the world i'm quitting any ways.oh and the results of the other gcse's yet to come
    i think i should put in my sig i need a job.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Indeed. This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you find poles in so many British jobs.

13. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

That right there, is the reason why so many British people struggle with jobs.

Arrogance, laziness and thoughts that the world owes them something. Oh, and terrible grammar. I bet you didn't get an A* in English.

Edit: Hang on, one second you 'still haven't got a job' and then you already have the shittest job and you have intentions to quit?

Toploaded likes this.
  14. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

For those of you that find it hard to find even un skilled work, that's a shame and I guess it's do with the area you live in. I know that I could walk out my job today, and within a week be in some shop assistant / bar / cleaning/ shelf stacking / agency job. Maybe it's because I'm good at interviews, I dunno, but I've never had to sign on although it's only been lately I've gotten a job I don't hate.

Also a good deal of the jobs I've had in the past have been from dropping CV's directly into places or replaying to adds in windows, very few came from the job center itself.

15. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Congratulations on your firmly held beliefs, but I would be interested to know exactly how far your putative employer would have to distance himself from the subject of them before you'd consider letting them employ you. Is this taking the job as long as you don't have to slaughter and taste-test the animals yourself, or is this not taking the job as long as the exploitative concentration-canteen continues to serve that agriculturape byproduct milk in its coffee?

Not to sound too unfair, but as something of a cultural extremist I've got to say you're not exactly doing yourself favours as a potential employee. I think you should consider that some of your beliefs...

...ARE generally compatible with being employed, but do not necessarily need to be brought to work with you. For sure, if you're a vegan I'm guessing you're probably not cut out to work in food production or preparation, and as an anti-fascist probably not endeared to the arms industry, the oil industry or football hooliganism, but that's hardly all-encompassing. Consider that it will not endear you to employers or coworkers to have you jamming your beliefs down their throats, either openly or passive-aggressively, such as by saying things like this...

...which aren't true. It's one thing to join a company, and strive to make work culture more eco-friendly, or socially accepting, and it's another to turn up for interview, spray ANIMALS R PEOPLE 2 on the door and then chain yourself to the tea trolley.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011
  16. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Although, you will stand out from the other applicants, LOL. They'll be talking about you for years to come.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

What do you want, a cookie for having principles? There are two kinds of people who get down on their knees: those who pray for a better world, and those who scrub the floors while they are down there.

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

Congradulations you've left school, would you like to be a manager.

Is that what you were expecting? Doesnt work that way, everyone starts at the bottom. You think anyone cares what GCSEs you got, trust me in the working word people dont care

We have all done crap jobs when we were young get over yourself

19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Been an activist, i do a lot more than just praying, im active in what i believe in...You don't know what i do or don't do.. don't jump to conclusions.. just because i don't work, does not mean im high and dry all the time, far from it. But i would like to leave that there.

But really, 80-90% of jobs i see advertised do not conflict at all, and i apply for them... so its not really a big problem, but still it is slimming my search, just not by a massive amount.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011
  20. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

My ex-girlfriend was an activist. She didnt just sit about getting high, in fact she hardly did any drugs. She was still a loser though who expected the world to do her a favour and wanted an "incentive" to work, but was perfectly happy to spend all my money. Don't even get me started. Yeah yeah we are all clones all us "normals" who work for the man. Sadly i think its actually called "playing the game" or "winning". However its quite brave to openly be an "activist". Anarchist too? You probably say not, but the two tend to go hand in hand with one another. I'll tell you the same as I told her - your silly selfish self centre'd protest that centre around disruption are aimed at the wrong people. For ever activist there is at least 10 "normals" "clones" "drones", whatever derogatory term you lot are currently using to describe the hard working members of society who contribute to society and help move the economy along, and do you not feel one day you might just piss them off? You guys are all to quick to take arms - i can't imagine what is going to happen when average joe adopts the same thinking but chooses to direct their anger and frustrations at you. Its a day i wholeheartedly look forward to :)