1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Help: 3.5" bay device

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Raymus, 22 Jan 2005.

1. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Just got a Lian Li PC 65 case, has 3- 3.5" bays, wondering if anyone has seen any kind of LCD, fan controller, that can take up all 3 spaces? Or if anyone has any idea for its use. Not looking for 3 different 3.5" devices just one to use up all three.

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

3. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Sweet mod. however that is way out of my modding league. Sadly i was kinda hoping for a LCD or device that was made to fit in the three 3.5" bays.

4. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

What is wrong with drive bay covers...

5. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Sorry nothing was said in the thread about something being wrong with them.
    Just want to use them. Thread pharm elsewhere please.

6. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

I don't think I have ever seen a device that takes 3x3.5" bays. You will have to do some modding on your own. www.digikey.com has a nice collection of LCD displays for retail. Perhaps you can find something there.

If you want to do something on your own a 4" wide U-profile like www.mcmaster.com item #1630T30 is a good, sturdy start. Cut a 3.2" (? verify length) piece and mount it with grommets on the legs. You can use it as base for for anything you want, like an 80mm fan, or a speaker, or a bulls eye if you like to shoot at your computer.

7. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Thanx for the info :D I kinda like they idea of another fan. If I can find a way to cover and still fit in with the rest of the front bezel. Also gonna get with some friends and see if any of them have any soldering skills. Realy like the PS1 lcd idea. Nice "how to" artical on that. :thumb:

8. SnowBoard

SnowBoard What's a Dremel?

I have a playstation 1 and a PS1 LCD screen, when I fix the backlight I am just going to put it inside my case so I can use it as a cd player and to play video games. :dremel: