1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning help - adding external button for keyboard

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jakey69, 20 Apr 2009.

1. jakey69

jakey69 What's a Dremel?

Howdy there!

At my workplace we have a system which uses only the Left, Right and Spacebar keys on a keyboard.

I am trying to figure out if i can add some external buttons for these and build them into a little box to avoid having a giant keyboard creating clutter on the desk (and have the keyboard in the roof or away in a cupboard or something)

Does anyone know what i am talking about?
    Can you please point me to some help?

I can get the buttons and a keyboard easily..(buttons from jaycar should work right?)

Just looking for some help..Thanks guys

EXTRA:
    The terminal we use has a PS2 port..

and the software is unmodifiable..

and its a terminal..so theres no remapping done.

actually i'll give you the product pdf so you know what i'm on about.

(external link obviously)
    http://www.mpasystems.com.au/05_products/85_Termtek/10-Brochures/70_Terminal%20TK775_QU-72-LB-735_Terminal%20TK775.pdf

so yeah..and i already said that we do not have access to modifiy the software (although the product sheet says that there is programable hotkeys) - we do not have the ability to do it.

THankyou if you can help!
    :brrr:

2. Abom

Abom What's a Dremel?

http://www.ultimarc.com/

They make keyboard emulators, I used one for my arcade cabinet. Basically there is a terminal for each key on a keyboard, you wire any button to that key and it presses just like it was a keyboard. You can hook it to a pc to modify it for unusual needs but for you it would be an out of the box setup. Probably overkill but it would work perfectly