1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Help for modding Aerocool VS-3

Discussion in 'Modding' started by raidensub, 27 Apr 2017.

1. raidensub

raidensub What's a Dremel?

My case is the Aerocool VS-3 and i got bored with the looks of the case. I haven't done any modding in the past and i am thinking to remove the front plastic panel and make a new flat panel with a grill and 2 120mm fans. Can someone tell me how should i make this panel or point me in the right direction for information? I don't have a lot of money, please keep the recommendations in the cheap side. Thanks.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2017
  2. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Do you currently own a Dremel/rotary cutter or drill or a jigsaw? If the answer to that is a no, it may be a cheaper option to buy a new case with a flat panel design. It's a lot easier to mod a blank front panel than it is to mod a moulded plastic one.
    If you were wanting to completely make a new front panel from scratch, I'd suggest to first see if the fans/optical drive bays/io recess into the moulded front panel. As if they do, you'd have to factor that into the design process.

If they don't could just get a sheet of acrylic and draw your design onto the protective film, then cut out the design with a plastic cutting blade or Dremel and glue it onto the front of the interior shell.

3. raidensub

raidensub What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your help. I don't have a rotary tool but i was thinking to buy one. I will probably buy a new case with a better design and if i buy a rotary tool i will experiment with the old one. I like the modded cases i see online and i want to try to make one.