1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Help For The H20 N00B

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sim0n, 7 Jan 2002.

1. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

OK, i admit it, im a water cooling n00b, and i need advice.

Im not after died techinal advice, as i dont wanna be scared off with techhy pyshco-babal. :D

With out mentioning any products, i just want some general advice.

Im pretty sure i can physicaly plumb the system in and im looking at the kit on CCM

http://www.coolcasemods.com/products.php?id=34#

The only thing im worried about is obviously leaks, and problems with water pressure.

What i mean by water presure is the fact that the constant turning on/off of the system would cause air bubbles as i imagine.

Obviously air bubbles are bad.

i guess im just looking for a noobs rugg guide and some reasurrance
    ;) ;)

2. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

I recently saw pics of a watercooled rig with an air trap at the top. Near the top of the case the flow went through a T-connector. Down to the pump, up to the trap.

If you don't fancy having a go at that, then I think the Pump pictured with the kit is submersible? Use with a resevoir.

3. BurN

BurN What's a Dremel?

Advice

Your best bet would be to:

<pimp>

Pop over to www.tekforums.co.uk for this stuff, and nip into the watercooling section. The knowledgeable ones seem to be JessFM, Big Steve, COoL & Bladerunner! Just ask away!

</end pimp> :D

;)

4. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

wow, thats alot of dough for a watercooling kit!

i being rather stingy would do it myself.

then again since america seems to be one giant junkyard (atleast near me) its really easy to find parts like radiators and stuff like that.

5. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

You need to prove the system for leaks and that best way to that is away from the case to avoid any leaks.

This kit doesn't lent it's self to this as I believe the tubing is slightly ridged and may make live a bit awkward.

In the picture it show's a restricted view of the setup which tends to put you off what the whole thing will look like.

A list of recommend cases seeing as the site is based around them would help.

I will be posting some water-cooling articles in association with TiTch on my site to include all aspects of this subject even down to routine maintenance. This is not really the arena for that but will pimp as and when.

6. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

As far as leaks... uv die and a blacklight is the best way to spot leaks befor they become too bad. to avoid leaks alltogether, is to ofcorse test the entire system out of the case as others have sugested but to also use a sealent like silicone at the joints (conections), as for an air trap, I wouldn't have a system without it. I personally build my own for a few reasons... cost (cheaper) and very customized, build the system to fit your needs and wants.

have fun & let us know how you are doin'!!!

Tags: