1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows HELP : LCD Driver Software that works with XP-SP2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Penrhos, 28 Aug 2004.

1. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

Finally finished upgrading my PC's at home to SP2 - no major problems except with the firewall (so turned it off and used Zonealarm instead).

BUT my parallel port VFD wont work anymore.... I was using port95nt and LCDSmartie but I cant get either to work now I just get "send bug report to M$" errors instead.

Anyone know of any software that works like LCDSmartie with a parallel VFD under XP-SP2? OR how to get what I have working?

I'd only just modded my Shuttle SN85G4 to fit it below the card reader too

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well first try running under older compatibility, just for laughs. It might work.

Crystal Control (and CC2 beta) support parallel displays... dunno what kinda info you're looking to send to it. CC2 will have great support for everything soon but the screen designer isn't out right now and CC1 is fairly limited in what it can display, although probably enough for most people's purposes. CC is available at crystalfontz.com, CC2 Beta is in their forums (crystalcontrol, subforum in that for cc2).

3. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

Result - Crystalfontz V1.07 works fine... just in time for lan-party in Leicester this weekend. So i can show it off.

Tags: