1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Choose My Late Xmas Prezzie! (New Case)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hallq16, 28 Dec 2003.

1. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

After choosing and choosing and comparing and choosing... I've finally chosen 3 cases, but really cant decide, which one to buy.

1)Aopen H700B It has probably most potential for modding, also has 350w PSU included. Has slideout mb tray - I've never seen one in person yet lol, but as i fiddle with stuff in there quite often, might be useful. Is it?

2)Antec PlusView1000AMG Has no PSU, but 2 fans and front airfilter are included. Modding Potential - Exists.

3)Chieftec Dragon Cheapest of them. No extra stuff included with it. Would be modded anyway :hehe:

I'll need new PSU too, 350w would be sufficient for bunch of fans and my current rig. Aopen H700B seems most reasonable choice for me, but which one do You recommend of those? Some moderate modding will be done on victim :) and PC will be quite stationary, because I dont visit LANparties.
    Btw please dont tell me to get new case from newegg or such because it's cheap atm. Mailing it to me would probably double it's price anyway.
    :)

Last edited: 5 Jan 2004
  2. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

Up it goes...

3. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I like the Antec the most, purely for aesthetic reasons!

Sam

4. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

5. Fraggster

Fraggster What's a Dremel?

bah, looks too much like a lianli :grr:

6. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

I'm not big fan on Lian-Li cases (or Coolermaster's this one). What sets Antec and Chieftec apart? Both look same (exept the window), specs are same too.

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Go for the aopen.

8. Trickle

Trickle What's a Dremel?

I'll be boring and say coolermaster black widow. 'Bout £10 more than the aged Cheiftech {I have one, albiet with the CM710 front} and £10 less than the pretorthingy above which looks largely the same.

9. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

I have a Black Widow it looks truly stunning and the build quality is top notch. I merely gave a link to the new CM as I thought it was cheaper? If it isn't then go for the Black Widow it really is one hell of a case :)

Some of this companies cases look pretty nice, apparently not too expensive either. Company was formed by ex CoolerMaster employees.

Silverstone Tek

10. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

Those CoolerMaster' cases seem nice, but cant get them here unfortunately. Went to see Chieftec' cases today and they seem nice. Now should i get Aopen H700B; Chieftec miditower or Chieftec fulltower? Takes few weeks until new Antec' cases arrive to the store, and I'm not going to wait that long.

11. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

I'd go for the Chieftec over the Aopen as they look better, are available in a wide range of colours and have a door to hide drive bays.

As for full or mid tower, it depends on what you need. But I wish I bought the full tower now as I've ran out of space.

12. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

about coolermaster and lian li.... if you havent taken notice, cooler master cases are much more top-of-the-line alum cases while lian li is mainstream. but they NEVER called lian li the 'cadillac of computer cases' now have they?

on to chieftech and antec. chieftec came up with the 'dragon tower' case. this the the same frame, features, etc as in the antec. originally they were for alienware, then they realized it was a great design and sold it publicly. so now just about every case is based off the 'dragon' case. antec just dressed it up defferent than all the other 20 companies putting versions of this case out.
    [edit] just checked chieftecs site and they even make like 5 different versions of their original case[/edit]

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I would say the AOpen as the most potential if you are willing to spend some work and time on it however the other 2 would be good if you get lazy and want the looks ;)