1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Help me find a case (Lian PC-B25F pics and benchmarks)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [PUNK] crompers, 14 Apr 2010.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

go for top mounted psu its safer. I was cleaning out my case and i heard something fall but couldn't find it then when I plugged my pc in and turned it on and BANG.

Apparently a small screw fell right into the PSU and it fried when I plugged it back in. Luckily only the psu died and not the main board too. Ended up upgrading to an 850 watt modular so not too bad in the end :D

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Don't most cases with bottom mounted PSUs have the PSU fan facing downwards?

4. [PUNK] crompers

they do indeed, including mine. sure you had that psu mounted the right way up?

5. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede What's a Dremel?

The PC-B25F is a sweet case, got one myself and I love it. I actually upgraded from a 3D Aurora and this case is miles better. The build quality is fantastic, although just be aware that the top and front comes off quite easily if you try to lift the case and there isn't that much in terms of ways of keeping the cables neat and tidy. Apart from that, I really like this case.
    By the by, I have six hard drives in mine, another reason for getting it :D

Last edited: 20 Apr 2010
  6. peterg2

peterg2 What's a Dremel?

I do not intend to come off as slightly nuts, but I have been tearing my hair out trying to find a lian-li case which has a sturdy top. The reason is my one cat loves to sit on top of my current lian-li PC-60 which has an aluminium top. Any case I get has to be reasonably sturdy and I am wondering about the Pc-B25F. I can find lower spec lian-li cases with no fans on top - and aluminium tops - but I am not crazy about them. I do see the Full Tower A70F but it is simply too tall.

I came to this site via searching for the case and plastic top and I would like to know how fragile is the top. Is it quite easily able to be buckled by the weight of say a 12 lb cat jumping on it?

This is not a joke.

7. [PUNK] crompers

haha ok ok

it should be fine, i wouldnt imagine it would collapse. the only thing is im not sure i'd want a cat sat on the grille, hair an dust will likely get into the computer. yuck

8. bbwilliy12

bbwilliy12 What's a Dremel?

I love my PC60. Plenty of room and big and black!

9. peterg2

peterg2 What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much. Most appreciated.