1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Help me find a video

Discussion in 'General' started by lp rob1, 14 Jul 2015.

1. lp rob1

lp rob1 New Member

I've been looking for a video that I saw quite a long time ago, perhaps 3 years ago, which I believe was on YouTube. I think I originally saw it in the Videos of Awesome thread, but I can't be sure. Despite my best efforts, I can't seem to find it. This is where you come in.

The video is in the style of a short film, but is only a couple of minutes long.
    It is about a captain of a space ship, where the ship blows up and the captain is jettisoned into space in an escape suit.
    The suit is powered by AI software, represented as a hologram.
    The software is proprietary, and forces the captain to make an upgrade to a newer version (at the cost of significant money)
    The newer version complains about the suit being out of date, and requires it to be serviced.
    The captain, fed up with the software, flashes an open source AI.
    The suit now just works, saving the captain.
    Finally, some hardware subsystem detects the unauthorized software and kicks the captain out of the suit, presumably to her death.

The general gist of the video was some sort of stab towards a proprietary software company (I think Adobe?).

I remember a quote too:
    "Everyone is talking about Captain <someone> and her 10-ton of vaporised lithium"

Does anyone remember seeing this? It's driving me insane - I know the story, and everything that happens, but I can't find the damn video!

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

3. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

Kernel Panic:

lp rob1 likes this.
  4. lp rob1

lp rob1 New Member

Boom, that's the one Nexxo! Thanks very much!

5. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

You're welcome. :)