1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Help me identify this movie

Discussion in 'General' started by Journeyer, 7 Sep 2011.

1. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Sounds like Cube to me... watched myself for the first time not long ago -- worth a look, even if it's not the film you're looking for.

2. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

Not enough coffee yesterday apparently. Third thread that i've misunderstood or outright missed entire posts. Now where is that coffee machiine...

3. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Alright, I'll give this a shot, see how good you lot are: Japanese horror film, set at a time when the Japanese horror film industry was collapsing. Story revolves around a mid- to older-aged gentleman going about doing his thing with his rather boring personal and professional life, working to save the Japanese horror film industry. First hour and a half is quite boring, disjointed, with massive skips in the story, while still making sense. Last half hour interjects with the "missing" bits of the film (where it is revealed that the film itself is quite horrific and depraved). At the time of watching it I was told that it was the film that saved the Japanese horror film industry, but I'm unsure as to the validity of this statement. I'd place the age at early to mid nineties. I quite enjoyed watching it, particularly with the twist, but cannot remember the name.

Thanks!

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Does sound like Cube 2: Hypercube. The weakest film in the series as well.

Well I have since watched The Golden Child and I was right, I mixed two forgotten films into one.

So the whole white-haired blind master with an apprentice who carries a hot brazier type thing that burns dragon marks on his arms - is still an unknown to me. I will have to look into 18 bronze men and Master of the Flying Guillotine.

The only thing that jumps up in my mind is Oldboy. But I wouldn't call that boring or disjointed. Nor would I call it a horror. Basically I'm pretty useless on this one.

Still! If you haven't watched Oldboy then DO! Brilliant film!

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hah, that I understand - the horrors of coffee deprivation!
    I remember a while back there was a situation at the office (nowadays we just refer to it as the "incident") when the coffee machine broke. It quickly descended into anarchy! People are animals I tell you - savage animals! Thankfully the custodians had it replaced before the pitchfork and torch carrying lynch-mob advanced beyond the barriers of the office supplies storage room.

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Definitely not the film I'm after, but it is now on my "to watch" list! Sounds fab, thanks.