1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Help me put my mind at ease, VCORE temp in Thermal Radar II?

Discussion in 'Software' started by C4FF, 20 Jun 2013.

1. C4FF

C4FF What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone! I hope you can all help me.

I've recently built a new computer, it's a lovely build which I am very happy with. It has an intel 4770k with an asus z87 sabertooth motherboard. This motherboard comes with Thermal Radar II which allows you to modify your fan speeds based upon multiple temperature readings.

At the moment, this is the temperatures and fan speeds I am running:

[​IMG]

That is two noctua 140mm fans on a h90 radiator (fans 3 and CPU_OPT), two front 120mm fans (2 and 4) and one 140mm bottom fan (1).

I am just a little worried that I can idle at a 33c CPU but a 41c VCORE? Doesn't that seem a little hot? Am I crazy?

I am running in "performance mode" which is a basic 4.3 overclock, I don't know if this makes a difference? Wouldn't the VCORE cool down because the voltage would be lower at idle with haswell advanced cstates?

There are also two assistant fans, the first of which actually blows cool air from the back of the machine over the vcore. This runs at that speed at idle and won't go any lower than that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I just want to make sure I've done everything right. :)

2. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Think your fine mate, what temps are you hitting at load?

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

VCORE is the primary CPU voltage. I don't see how it can even have a temperature? :confused:

4. C4FF

C4FF What's a Dremel?

Load is fine, here is the system under a cpu stress test:

[​IMG]

I've actually since talking to you guys been into my BIOS and have forced adaptive mode for my voltages (a new feature for haswell which bring everything down to Intel recommended c states even if you are running an overclock).

Since doing so and after idling the computer for a while, I'm looking at this for a realistic idle temperature:

[​IMG]

Much better no? I guess I just needed to enable adaptive mode to sort out the VCORE temp. Hopefully this will also keep the voltage lower at idle. :clap:

5. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

The temperatures sensors labeled VCORE 1 and 2 are for, some of the CPU VRMs. The operation of those VRMs can be adjusted in various ways with other options in the AI Suite software, or in the UEFI as the OP has done :thumbup:

6. C4FF

C4FF What's a Dremel?

Is there anything else I can do to level out temperatures? Such as do something in the DIGI+ section?