1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Help - need suggestions for forum/blog software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dr. Strangelove, 3 Jan 2013.

1. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove New Member

Hi Guys
    I'm hoping to set up an event/trip calendar system for my diving club.

What I'm looking for is a blog/forum system where "posts" can be linked to a date and displayed in a calendar format.

The ideal system would allow users to post an event/trip for a given date. The event/trip would then show on a calendar formatted page and by clicking on the event/trip on the calendar users will be able to comment/post replies regarding the event/trip.

Whether the system is based on a blog, forum or something else is not all that important, as long as it uses user accounts (so I can control access).

The only other requirement would be that the system is able to generate an RSS feed containing each event/trip (but not the comments/posts/replies that follows)

Hope that makes sense and that some of you experts out there have a suggestion or two for me.
    Thanks
    Jacob

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

3. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove New Member

Hmm I'll have a look, any suggestions to which modules might accomplish what I'm hoping to make?

Thanks
    Jacob

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Wordpress is my go to for all blogging needs.

You can install all kinds of aftermarket widgets and apps to get your blog to do what you want it to.

What about this widget?

5. Crazy Buddhist

Crazy Buddhist Likes modding doesn't like bullies

Dr S,

Simple Machines Forum has a built in calendar that works pretty much the way you describe. Going to be less headache than setting up from scratch with Drupal.

Crazy B