1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards help needed - gigabyte Z77N

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JitsuSparty, 17 Jan 2013.

1. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Member

So I need some help...

Basically I have a Gigabyte Z77N mobo... and I cant get the thing to boot... I have plugged in the power supply, and nothing... it wont even turn on the cooler fan...

I know its not the power supply as it does start when 'jumped'

help?

2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Unplug everything from the motherboard and the power supply except the CPU and memory. Try it. Also try without memory, and finally without CPU.

Are you sure the power button is working and plugged in correctly? You could try shorting the pins with a screwdriver.

3. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Member

I tried it last night - and still nothing, going to try it later with a different PSU... have sent scan a customer services e mail.

just really frustrated as was hoping to build a nice rig this weekend

4. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Where abouts in reading are you? if you aren't too far we could meet and try my working i5 3570k and ram

5. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Member

So I have had a reply for Scan, with a list of things to try... going to give them a go and see where I am... hoping it is something simple that I have done wrong.

6. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Member

So just installed my old power supply into the system - and it boots... so guess I will be entering Scan's legendary RMA system