1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Help needed

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ryu_ookami, 29 Mar 2019.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Hi I'm not sure if this should go here or in hardware but I'LL post it here in the hopes that someone can help. I'm due to be having surgery on my right shoulder and due to several factors there's a good chance I won't be able to use my right arm at all for about 8 to 12 weeks, But I like gaming I've got Belkin Speedpad n50 (old I know but still usable) but I need a way to play rust one handed (pve not pvp for the moment) does anyone know of a device that I can use with just my left hand that would let me play a FPS. Either a name of the device a link anything would be helpful I'm due the surgery May 9th so I've got until about may 1st to find something and order it. any help would be appreciated as I'm dreading 8-12 weeks of no gaming.

2. Plugs

Plugs Active Member

Whilst not directly designed for it. The only thing I can think of is the Steam Controller which in theory is re-mappable to any configuration you think might work
    e.g. left hand in a standard controller placement having access to a touchpad, joystick, bumper, trigger, and back paddle, or perched on top able to access both touchpads, joystick, ABXY buttons

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

5. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

not got any personal experience, but oneswitch.org.uk list a bunch of one-handed controllers and some links to alternatives.

6. Ryu_ookami

Thanks for the replies guys I've looked into the various options and have decided that none of them will be suitable either due to the price or due to not having enough controls so I'm going to just give fps gaming a miss for a couple of months. I'll catch up on my reading or something instead.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Not cheap, but the left half of a Keymouse would probably work for a decent number of keys + a zero-order (rather then first-order like a thumbstick) input.

8. Ryu_ookami

It probably would but at the 4-5 hundred dollar range is WAY beyond what I'd be willing to spend.