1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Help on debt collection letter...

Discussion in 'General' started by Boscoe, 27 Jan 2021.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

...well, that's clear as mud. Do they mean the original invoice is still showing as disputed, in other words they've no record of the agreement I reached to only pay the VAT (and, if so, why was the parcel released for delivery if they thought I still owed money on it?) If so, I've been waiting a year for an update now - should I wait longer? Do they mean the referred debt is under dispute, and that's what I'm waiting for an update on?

Furrfu.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Still chasing this up.

Got a confirmation from Controlaccount that they've ceased collection activities against the debt until they've heard back from FedEx, which is nice.

Poked FedEx again after a five-day hiatus, got an email from a FedEx Import Broker who appears to only have half the email chain - but says that if I've paid the £12.07, which I have, "you can send me the copy of your invoice from Control Accounts I can then cancel the DPC fee for you as soon as I receive it."

Dropped her a PDF scan of the demand letter, hopefully that'll be an end to it.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Ah these debt agency jokers almost never have the paperwork they need. Only reason they stay in business is because most people get scared and pay. Always demand proof of the debt.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Thing is @Gareth Halfacree , how long have you had to spend dealing with this? One hour? Two? Three? In my opinion, you should be reimbursed for the time you've had to spend dealing with it.

Personally, I think this should be law. It'd probably reduce the amount of attempts to extract money from people like this.

5. Gareth Halfacree

I wonder what happens if you retain Controlaccount to collect an unpaid debt owed by... Controlaccount?

EDIT:
    Hooray - victory!

Last edited: 10 Feb 2021