1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Help please! System wont boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eUphoria, 3 Jul 2013.

1. eUphoria

eUphoria What's a Dremel?

System is as follows:

E8500 on a DFI P45 mobo
    2x2gb ram
    7870 GPU
    2x SSD
    1 sata DVD
    2 120mm case fans

Old PSU was a corsair HX520 which worked fine but I wanted a semi passive (hybrid) PSU so bought a Seasonic x-750. All set up a couple of weeks back, little LED's on the mobo lit, pressed the power button and nothing. Hmmm. Checked and rechecked all the cables and replaced the 8 pin 'cpu' cable with another one which was included with the PSU. Success! Thought nothing of it until today when the system wouldn't turn on - nothing new plugged in or taken out/changed in any way since successful PSU changeover about 2 weeks ago. Same scenario though i.e. small LED's on the mobo lit - indicating power to the mobo - but nothing when I attempt to switch on, either through the switch on the mobo or the power switch on the case. No fans spin. Checked and recheck all of the connections and no change.
    So I've switched back to my corsair PSU and everything works fine, which is good to know that the system works ok, but annoying that the silent Seasonic PSU wont boot the system as when it worked it was exactly what I wanted.

Any ideas? Is the PSU really likely to be broken - seems a bit poor if so - I don't want to RMA a working PSU, but I can't get it to work. Am I missing something? I've tried it in both hybrid and normal fan modes. Are there known issues with these PSU's? The system all works, so the only issue is with the PSU one way or another. Is there anything I can try? I dont have another system.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Can you try the PSU on another rig , It does sound like the PSU though

3. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Points to PSU doesn't it. RMA time I think.

4. seanbean

seanbean Certa Cito

5. eUphoria

6. eUphoria

Quick update - PSU dead, scan replaced (very efficiently) so all is well! :cooldude: