1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Help plz

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Ryu_ookami, 13 Mar 2018.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I've recently started to get into photography still waiting on most of the stuff including the lens to turn up but a friend was walking past a cash generators and saw a len's at a decent price apparently and brought it for me. Unfortunately the lens doesn't fit my camera. I'd like to buy an adapter so that it will fit but I have no idea what type of mount it is.

I've taken a load of pictures with a tablet of all the markings and the mount etc if someone could help me identify it so i can work out what i need to get it fit that would be amazing.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

2. Ryu_ookami

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 oh no

I'd guess that's Pentax K mount.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/sigma-28-80mm-f3-5-5-6-ii-macro.html

It's an electronic lens though, so it's possible the macro functionality won't work. Adapters generally only change mounts, they don't "convert" electronics etc.
    It should focus and zoom fine manually though. Not sure about the aperture.
    EDIT: Aperture should work fine too I think.

4. Ryu_ookami

k One pentax K mount adapter brought (Lol I'll eventually have enough adapters that I'll be able to get any lens ever sold lol)

Also the apature ring on the bottom seems to be designed by hand as well as as by the camera so it should work as well and thanks fort all the help :)