1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! PSP Video Cropping

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ajiKaBooM!, 10 Sep 2005.

1. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I'm always cropping video for my PSP and i use PSP Video 9. The only thing that it lacks is some kind of preview window where i can tell exactly how many pixels needs trimming off.

Does anyone know any dedicated programs where i can preview and calculate the dimensions needed for cropping?

Thanks much appreciated

2. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! What's a Dremel?

Found this method:

If you have a letterboxed source video, you have some cropping to do. In PSP Video 9.0, head to the Setup menu and navigate to the Profiles tab. Choose an existing 368x208 profile, since you'll want your output to be wide-screen, then click the New Profile button. Enter a new profile name and check the "Crop Input Video (by pixel)" box. To determine how many pixels to lop off the top and bottom of your source file, we recommend taking a screen capture from the video (using Alt + print screen) and measuring the length of the black bars on either side of the frame using Photoshop or a comparable image-editing program. Once that's done, hit the Apply button, head back to the Settings tab, and set your newly created profile to be the default. Now, you're finally ready to convert your first video.

- Is there a better one?

3. _Fathom17_

_Fathom17_ What's a Dremel?

you could try the open source VideoDub? then export it to psp video?

Tags: