1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V help! unable to play dvd on svideo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by modz-a-lot, 2 Jul 2004.

1. modz-a-lot

modz-a-lot What's a Dremel?

here's the situation: I have a compaq laptop laptop which i which i want to use as a dvd player on a projector. The projector has a svideo imput which i am connecting to the output on my laptop. Whenever I try to play the dvd on the projector (everything displays on the projector ie. start menu, windows...) I see the dvd window but the actual dvd movie only displays on the laptop screen. On the projector, a black box replaces the space where the movie is. I've tried setting the svideo as the primary display (it wont let me) and everything else I can think of. If anyone needs clarification, ie. model of laptop dvd program, i would be happy to provide that info to get this problem sorted out. thanks in advance for your help!

2. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

What is the program, depending on what program your using would help, if its the standard from compaq then its winDVD?

On my other computer (dont know the software) there is a setting where you change the display that the film is viewed on, so you change the which screen the box is displayed on.

Hope that helps, could probably explain how to do it knowing what program your using.

3. modz-a-lot

modz-a-lot What's a Dremel?

yea, it's intervideo windvd, i'll have to look in the program settings later (when I have the laptop) and see what i can find. thanks for ur help!

4. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Well i dont have a tv connected but i think its in properties......right click on the main screen...Properties>display tab... and when there is a tv connected there is an option on the screen where you set either monitor to be primary and also the setting to start in full screen which is handy

5. PeteD

PeteD What's a Dremel?

Did you find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem!
    Cheers, Pete

6. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

Something else to try. i have run into this on other laptops. Do not have any other monitor working except for the TV. When watching a video turn off the laptop monitor, don't just make the TV primary. I bet this works.

7. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

You need to make sure you set Video Overlay to the SVideo output if it has that option.