1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Help with car stereo

Discussion in 'General' started by Evenshade, 2 Jul 2005.

1. Evenshade

Evenshade What's a Dremel?

Just yesterday I had my Pioneer DEH-P4700MP head unit installed in my car. Now, the thing that's driving me completely NUTS is whenever I turn off the ignition, the memory resets itself. EQ settings, audio settings, clock, saved radio stations, everything. And I can't figure it out for the life of me. If anyone could help out, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

You need to wire the constant +ve to a constant power supply, not the ignition. Did someone else install it for you?

3. Evenshade

Evenshade What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I had them install it at Circuit City. And now I'm pissed because I already called them on reversing the read and front fade, now I have to go back for this crap. It seems I pretty much wasted two hours yesterday waiting for them to get to my car and install it. I'm half tempted to go fix it myself right now if I even had half an idea of what I was doing.

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It shouldn't be too hard to sort out. All the wires *should* be behind the head unit. Maybe they aren't which is why they didn't do it properly.

Basically there should be 2 +ve wires. One for the ignition and one for constant battery. All cars are different but if you can get the head unit out then you can have a look and see if you can make sense of it.

5. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

in my Ka, my pioneer only comes on with the ignition and it saves teh stations fine.

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

That's right, it should only come on with the ignition, but should have a constant power supply to keep the settings etc. If you imagine in a PC, the PCI cards for instance get a +5V standby supply even when your PC's switched off, but your PC doesn't run til you hit the ignition (power) switch.

7. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

The wires you need to fix for this will be the red and yellow (standard colour codes that Pioneer also follow) ones. Just cut and switch which wires they connect to in your car's loom.

Being a pioneer head deck you shoud have a plug which disconnects off the back. This makes rewire work easy.

Did they give you all the original packaging/manuals? Pioneer includes a comprehensive wiring diagram for their head units in the box. Makes life reeeeeal easy.

8. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Most Pioneer wiring looms come with the Red/Yellow wires bullet connected in the middle, it should just be a case of swapping these over.

9. tsa cain

tsa cain What's a Dremel?

my radio has the same exact problem but i have a factory cd changer. The dealer(Nissan) has replaced the radio and didnt fix it lol. ima take it back and bitch hoping to get a better radio. But if i cant ill mention the constant power and ignition power.

Tags: