1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with cpu fan on bootup !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j4ck3l, 9 Feb 2006.

1. j4ck3l

j4ck3l What's a Dremel?

I have just built my new system without goign to much into it ill get striaght to the point whne i boot up my cou fan starts and stops at the windows loading screen !

after i restat the computer like 3 times it then boots up and the fan works fine :confused:

The idea that ia hve in my head is lack of power as im only useing the psu that came with my case..it's a 450 w not a branded name the reason i htink it's not getting anuff power is because i ahve 5 blue led case fans a geforce 6800 gs power to mobo (asus a8n32) cou (amd athlon 4200 duel core)

just wanted to no if any body had come accross this problem ?

thnx for help (y)

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Have you got Cool & Quiet enabled in the BIOS?

And, any chance of full english posts - I had to read that about 3 times before I got it.

3. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Is Q-Fan on in the BIOS? It's possible that the fans are being switched off (or stalling) because their voltage is being set to a low level due to good temperatures.

Whether it's the problem or not, I would replace it now before it blows and takes out your shiny new hardware. Pick up a Tagan, Seasonic, Enermax, Hiper or Fortron power supply of approximately 480 watts - this is more than you need, but it will give you the capacity for future expansion if you choose to upgrade. If you aren't for a while, 400W will do you fine.

4. j4ck3l

j4ck3l What's a Dremel?

coo 'n' quiet is not enabled and q 'fan is enabled.

it constantly happends now so i restart the pc and the 3rd time the cpu fan works ok what is troubleing me is it always world on the 3rd restart !

once it is running the fan is fine !

(sorry about the language on early post was in a rus)

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Turn Q-Fan off then, and see what happens.