1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Help with error message!

Discussion in 'Software' started by livelife46290, 31 May 2004.

1. livelife46290

livelife46290 What's a Dremel?

Okay so when I go to hibernate my computer i get this message "The device driver for the ‘Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard’ device is preventing the machine from entering hibernation. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."
    The problem is, i have tried to update the driver but it has not changed a thing! Help please also i have one more problem, when i tell my computer to shut down or even hibernate, it will act like its doing the act i tell it to then when it gets the the point where it would shut down or hibernate it automatically restarts and the computer comes back to life again, very annoying, if you need system specs just ask.

2. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

I don't know if you've already checked but Microsoft's web site says that installing Adobe Type Manager can cause your error. link

3. livelife46290

Okay so my computer can hibernate again but....it still wont shut down properly nor does hibernation make it shut down, it always restarts. Thanks Red!

4. Sniper-X

Sniper-X What's a Dremel?

5. livelife46290

No i got the whole keyboard issue resolved now all my computer can do is restart if i tell it to shut down it restarts if i tell it to hibernate it restarts, that i do not know how to fix at all!

6. livelife46290

I did a little more searching and i found this...http://www.careyholzman.com/WinXP.htm in that article i found this Problem: Attempting to turn off the computer results in the system restarting.
    Possible Solution: From Terri Stratton – Microsoft MVP: Right click My Computer/Properties/Advanced Tab/Startup and Recovery Settings/Uncheck Restart on failure (Automatically Restart on 2600).
    This isn't going to solve the problem, but it will let you see what the problem might be. Then, once you have the error, check here for almost anything you might need to fix it - www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    so i did what it said but, no messages show when i shut it down as to what might be the problem!

Tags: